Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    WestLafayetteistan
    That history has mostly been lost. That's cool. The new blood in here is really great and the enthusiasm is like it used to be. I really think you need to meet up with a few of them, though. I think, in the long run, it would end up saving them a lot of money. You have some of, if not the, best examples that came out of the rescue shop. Sharing those might give some of the old guns the love and respect they deserve. :dunno:
    But, what do I know? :D

:koolaid:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I dont use armslist. Too many nut jobs on there.
    Too many criminals and stolen guns. At least with ingo I have somewhat of an idea of who I'm doing a deal with. I always know what's in my local shop too. You gotta be Johnny on the spot for the good stuff.
    Yeah, I'd rather lose my ass on a gun and know where it's going then just cast it out into the void.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Bad day today fellas, It all started Thursday when my wife’s cousin was stung by a bee. The problem was that he is was highly allergic and had not picked up his eppi pen from the drug store. He ended up not breathing because his throat closed up and was without oxygen for too long. He passed away this afternoon. This all happened down in Tennessee where he lived. He was a great family man, terrific singer (he used to work at Dollywood). Please keep his family in your prayers. His name is Mike Rowe and was originally from North Judson. He was only 49.....
    I'm very sorry to hear this, Chris. My condolences to you, Henri and your family.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's amazing to me that you guys can keep track of these guns as they move like this.

It's getting a lot more difficult. As the group expands and time goes by it is really tough. I have owned over 80 different CZs, probably two-thirds of which were fully Cajunized (all but one by the Wizard). So, asking my old man, drug infused, brain to keep up is definitely asking too much. ;)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    That history has mostly been lost. That's cool. The new blood in here is really great and the enthusiasm is like it used to be. I really think you need to meet up with a few of them, though. I think, in the long run, it would end up saving them a lot of money. You have some of, if not the, best examples that came out of the rescue shop. Sharing those might give some of the old guns the love and respect they deserve. :dunno:
    But, what do I know? :D

:koolaid:

You are right. We need to organise some more meets. One in north central Indiana and in the Indy area. Or anyone that wants to take a drive to Lafayette, I am always willing to meet at Applied Ballisitics. Or if anyone wants to invite me to their home range for a weekend meet up, just send me a pm.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I dont use armslist. Too many nut jobs on there.
    Too many criminals and stolen guns. At least with ingo I have somewhat of an idea of who I'm doing a deal with. I always know what's in my local shop too. You gotta be Johnny on the spot for the good stuff.

1. I've heard that before, and that's why I only deal with those that have their LTCH.
    2. I have been fortunate b/c I have dealt with older men like myself except for 2 times, and the younger men both have had their LTCH (I checked).
    3. I try to buy/sell mostly here on INGO, but most of the guns I sell are from Armslist.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You are right. We need to organise some more meets. One in north central Indiana and in the Indy area. Or anyone that wants to take a drive to Lafayette, I am always willing to meet at Applied Ballisitics. Or if anyone wants to invite me to their home range for a weekend meet up, just send me a pm.

I would be down for a meet and greet kinda being in the middle of Indy and Lafayette. That being said Applied Ballistics is dead to me. Those jackwagons quoted me $3450 on an STI DVC Limited which has an MSRP of $3200.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Bad day today fellas, It all started Thursday when my wife’s cousin was stung by a bee. The problem was that he is was highly allergic and had not picked up his eppi pen from the drug store. He ended up not breathing because his throat closed up and was without oxygen for too long. He passed away this afternoon. This all happened down in Tennessee where he lived. He was a great family man, terrific singer (he used to work at Dollywood). Please keep his family in your prayers. His name is Mike Rowe and was originally from North Judson. He was only 49.....

Sorry to hear that Chris. Condolences to you and your family.

I work from home occasionally. Couldn't do it all the time. I have a hard time getting anything accomplished.

The trick is to be disciplined. I work for a period of time, then go do housework or some other task, then go back to the work. I do that all day long and it keeps me more focused than if I tried burning through 8 hours of work without the breaks for other things.

Are you British?

Anyway, this is a good idea. Between our normal gatherings, I bet we could get smaller groups together at AB, down here in Indy, or other locations closer to the middle. I've driven to AB a few times and can do the occasional trip up there. I need to plan it well though, because it's an hour drive and if we're meeting early afternoon I'll need to take the afternoon off work. I have memberships at both Point Blank, which gives me the ability to shoot free and have a free guest at both the Greenwood and Carmel locations, plus I'm a member of MCF&G. I'm game to meet up on occasion, just throwing it out there... ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

As I've said in the past, we need to permanently mark the guns that BA, The Wizard or CM has either commissioned or built. Maybe a small stamp on the base of the grip. As guns move around this group, eventually, one of more will leave our circle here and disappear. One day, if I'm at an LGS and pick up a 75B that has an exceptional trigger and interesting Cerakote job, I'd love to be able to look at the base of the grip to see if it's one of BA's guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Sorry for your family's loss Chris. I'll remember Mike in my prayers. I'm always amazed at how quickly tragedy can strike from an unanticipated direction. It makes you really appreciate the people you have around you while you have them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got up at 3:30 am again this AM (2 out of the last 3 mornings :dunno:).

Just put in another offer/trade for a CZ 75 Compact (2nd offer this am, other was for a Rami, which I made an offer last evening but forgot about offering my FNS).

I am in serious addiction mode, but trades I don't mind, instead of cash, of which I'm getting low since I'm a poor school teacher. :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I hate it when I wake up that early. When I go into the office, I'm normally up at 4:30. Hate it, but it makes the commute to and from work almost bearable. On occasion I'll get up out of the blue around 3:00 or 3:30 and it sucks. I don't function well without at least 7 hours sleep, but my body has other ideas at times... :rolleyes:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Got up at 3:30 am again this AM (2 out of the last 3 mornings :dunno:).

Just put in another offer/trade for a CZ 75 Compact (2nd offer this am, other was for a Rami, which I made an offer last evening but forgot about offering my FNS).

I am in serious addiction mode, but trades I don't mind, instead of cash, of which I'm getting low since I'm a poor school teacher. :laugh:

You must've gotten a good batch. :koolaid:

Mine only lasted 5-6 years. Of course, I would still have it if life hadn't intervened. ;)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I went to bed at 8:30. Wide awake at 4:30, an hour before the alarm. Trying to get extra sleep is futile.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good morning everyone.
    I have been staying up way too late the past month.
    It's starting to take it's toll on me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom