Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My path is paved but full of obstacles...:):
    When I was a kid and I'd ride my bike on a sidewalk in the little town, I'd seek out the places on it where big trees had forced up the large flat sections of sidewalk and I'd jump them like a ramp. I loved it.

Now I see a crack or a pothole or a raised portion of sidewalk and it's an obstacle, a chance to trip and fall or at least slow down and I curse it. That's a literal example but both literal and mentally if I could get myself to look at things more the way I did when I was younger I bet i could improve myself leaps and bounds. In many other ways too.
    I get ups and downs. I feel like conquering the world one week and then for several weeks I dont want to do anything except be left alone.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    When I was a kid and I'd ride my bike on a sidewalk in the little town, I'd seek out the places on it where big trees had forced up the large flat sections of sidewalk and I'd jump them like a ramp. I loved it.

Now I see a crack or a pothole or a raised portion of sidewalk and it's an obstacle, a chance to trip and fall or at least slow down and I curse it. That's a literal example but both literal and mentally if I could get myself to look at things more the way I did when I was younger I bet i could improve myself leaps and bounds. In many other ways too.
    I get ups and downs. I feel like conquering the world one week and then for several weeks I dont want to do anything except be left alone.

When I used to complain about how complicated life is for my generation to my grandfather he would respond with a reminder that it us that has complicated life....not life complicating us.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Bad day today fellas, It all started Thursday when my wife’s cousin was stung by a bee. The problem was that he is was highly allergic and had not picked up his eppi pen from the drug store. He ended up not breathing because his throat closed up and was without oxygen for too long. He passed away this afternoon. This all happened down in Tennessee where he lived. He was a great family man, terrific singer (he used to work at Dollywood). Please keep his family in your prayers. His name is Mike Rowe and was originally from North Judson. He was only 49.....

Wow Chris : I will pray for the repose of his soul along with the remaining family and friends.
    This is terrible news...I am stunned.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been on a quest to simplify life for a number of years. That has gone really well at times and not so well at others. Getting rid of stuff is a great thing to do until it comes to the gun safe. It seems that for every one I let go, two more show up to take it's place.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've been on a quest to simplify life for a number of years. That has gone really well at times and not so well at others. Getting rid of stuff is a great thing to do until it comes to the gun safe. It seems that for every one I let go, two more show up to take it's place.
    So true man so true. Just to put a bug in your ear though, if you ever sell that 1980 colt please give me a shot at it. I hesitated and missed it (glad for you though) and that is one gun that stands out in my mind as a regret of not getting.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I could move to Colorado and buy a sliver of ground with a small cabin adjacent to a State/National Park and pretend to be MM for the rest of my days.

Then we'd be neighbors ! The Air Force nuclear weapons training school was in Denver, and I spent a total of about a year in Colorado. I still try to go out there and hike in the Rockies every 3rd year.
    Me at 10,500 ft. on June 22, of 2011. LOVE Colorado !

IMG_7742-XL.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My history looks like a roller coaster. I'll buy a bunch of stuff and ammo, rack up money on the CC. Then as time goes on I will sell off a bunch of stuff, shoot most of the ammo, pay off the CC. Then start over all again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Then we'd be neighbors ! The Air Force nuclear weapons training school was in Denver, and I spent a total of about a year in Colorado. I still try to go out there and hike in the Rockies every 3rd year.

IMG_7742-XL.jpg
    Damn that looks amazing. I can smell the scents in the air and the wet earth under the melting snow.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    ChrisK ..... I'm also saddened to hear of the loss of your family member. May he continue to live-on in the minds of those who loved him.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

That looks better than any beach or swamp I am going to see in the next couple weeks in Florida!!

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Many thanks to all of you for the thoughtful words and prayers. This group has always been like a family, not just a bunch of people yapping on a forum. As CM puts it “most of us are friends in the real”...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom