Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I agree and that's what I've generally been doing for awhile now. The part I'm struggling with is keeping interested within those calibers.

What I have currently:
    .308/7.62x51 (For a harder hitting high-caliber that I can keep ammo at or just below $0.50/rd)
    .223/5.56 (HD, training, trunk gun)
    9mm (HD, training, EDC)
    .380acp (wifey, Mom)
    .22LR (daughter, plinking)

1) .308 16" AR w/Acog
    1) 5.56 16" AR w/Acog or Aimpoint Pro
    1) 5.56 10.5" AR w/Primary Arms micro red dot (Wife's)
    3) 9mm handguns: FN 509, FNS-9C, M&P 2.0 FullSize
    1) .380 Glock 42 (Wife's)
    1) .22 16" AR w/Holosun red dot (daughter, wife, plinker)
    2) .22 handguns: M&P22C, H&R Revolver (w/Burris FF red dot)

I don't care that the entire internet knows what I have.

I think the big issue here is that I am trying to find something that I can justify as a defensive gun, but is still fun/enjoyable to shoot.

You dont have anything thing you can shoot in the house, without waking the kids. You need a Pistol Caliber Carbine.

1883DE84-F2F4-4306-8BDD-19418259D874_zpslavepuzj.jpg

I enjoy this thing thing more than most, and if something goes bump in the middle of the night, the neighbors won't hear anything until I fire up the backhoe.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Hmm - came home with two new little friends. I call that a good day - MM style.

6b0872ad3783dd07307ac03ca6428100.heic

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

Life's too short to put up with a crappy trigger. Birds Away

Very nice! What is the top one?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You dont have anything thing you can shoot in the house, without waking the kids. You need a Pistol Caliber Carbine.

1883DE84-F2F4-4306-8BDD-19418259D874_zpslavepuzj.jpg

I enjoy this thing thing more than most, and if something goes bump in the middle of the night, the neighbors won't hear anything until I fire up the backhoe.
    I do want a suppressor, but the thought of waiting forever to get one kills me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Another "Yeah baby ^^^ yeah!" from me! Well bought, they both look spectacular. What else ya gonna do on a rainy day?!? Hope you enjoyed meeting JBLee in person, he's a fantastic guy. Welcome to the RAMI club, that looks tip-top as well.

And CM... that GL*** swag from BigTanker is a riot, TOO funny!!

Very nice guy. The seller of the RAMI was a good guy too. My faith in humanity is increased every time I meet a fellow INGO'er.

The Tactical Sport has a 1 lb 8 oz trigger. It is crazy light. There is little love on the finish but that just makes it easier to shoot and shoot and shoot.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Very nice guy. The seller of the RAMI was a good guy too. My faith in humanity is increased every time I meet a fellow INGO'er.

The Tactical Sport has a 1 lb 8 oz trigger. It is crazy light. There is little love on the finish but that just makes it easier to shoot and shoot and shoot.
    You had a good day sir! Very cool guns.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    You had a good day sir! Very cool guns.

Thank you all. Always fun to share and see all the awesome hardware you guys/gal pull out of the safe! I'm still a little star struck from BA's family photo this morning (and the picture before it).

It was really all about redemption. I was lucky enough to buy a couple guns last Friday but Hoosier45 was really hard on me. I was crushed. Self-esteem was banished to a forgotten corner. I thought maybe, maybe, if I made a better choice this time, I could prove myself. I am a little worried though; neither is a 45 but two 9's does equal 71.

That and the RAMI gives me another really good excuse to go see the Wizard!!!!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't know if it's a different generation, or just that some are better than others. The first one I bought I hated due to the trigger slap. Later, I tried a brand new one that 88 had bought and it had far less trigger slap, barely noticeable until after 100 rounds or so. The two I have were like the latter example, but I still ended up dropping in HBI triggers.

This one has approximately 250 rounds through it already and nothing. If I get one I'd rather not change the trigger. I normally keep my triggers stock on everything I'll carry. My phantom might get cajunized eventually but it'll likely never be a carry gun.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have a P10C that I bought used. I am guessing it is someplace around 1000 rounds with no trigger slap (or at least how I would define it?). Trigger slap to me on a striker gun is caused by the disconnector jumping or just a crappy reset - but I've been wrong before.

What I did experience was a pinch of the trigger finger with recoil. I had a little blister after only 100 rounds and the gun was ready to head on to another owner. Not a problem I have ever had. Maybe it was trigger slap but I thought it was just my orientation on the trigger as I could feel the pinch before the reset.

I bought an HBI trigger for $65 and absolutely love the gun now.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thank you all. Always fun to share and see all the awesome hardware you guys/gal pull out of the safe! I'm still a little star struck from BA's family photo this morning (and the picture before it).

It was really all about redemption. I was lucky enough to buy a couple guns last Friday but Hoosier45 was really hard on me. I was crushed. Self-esteem was banished to a forgotten corner. I thought maybe, maybe, if I made a better choice this time, I could prove myself. I am a little worried though; neither is a 45 but two 9's does equal 71.

That and the RAMI gives me another really good excuse to go see the Wizard!!!!

From my standpoint, redemption is confirmed ! :D

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Someone mentioned wanting a CZ-75 Compact. Mosin Crate has two CZ75D compacts. https://www.themosincrate.com/shop-1 They also have two IMI Jerrico 941 compacts with ported barrels. These if I remember the video correctly are Israeli Police trade ins.

If my gun fund wasn't completely depleted, right now, I would be looking at getting one of both of those.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

This one has approximately 250 rounds through it already and nothing. If I get one I'd rather not change the trigger. I normally keep my triggers stock on everything I'll carry. My phantom might get cajunized eventually but it'll likely never be a carry gun.

I fully understand wanting to use a stock trigger on your carry gun. If the trigger on the one you have doesn't bother you, then that's great. For me, there was still enough trigger slap/pinch that I had to go with the HBI trigger. Thankfully it doesn't lighten the trigger that much, so it's still close to stock, but more comfortable, at least for me.

I have a P10C that I bought used. I am guessing it is someplace around 1000 rounds with no trigger slap (or at least how I would define it?). Trigger slap to me on a striker gun is caused by the disconnector jumping or just a crappy reset - but I've been wrong before.

What I did experience was a pinch of the trigger finger with recoil. I had a little blister after only 100 rounds and the gun was ready to head on to another owner. Not a problem I have ever had. Maybe it was trigger slap but I thought it was just my orientation on the trigger as I could feel the pinch before the reset.

I bought an HBI trigger for $65 and absolutely love the gun now.

I guess I was agreeing with trigger slap, but that's not what I really felt with the original P10 trigger, it's more the pinch you refer to. The first one I had, I felt the pinch after just a couple of magazines through the gun. The newer one I tried of 88's, plus the two new ones I ended up with the trigger felt fine until I got to ~100 rounds in a single range trip. At that point I noticed the pinch and it became more noticeable the more rounds I put through it. There's still a tiny bit of pinch with the HBI triggers, but so little it doesn't bother me and I can run several hundred rounds through the gun in a single range trip just fine.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Morning all... :coffee:

I fully understand wanting to use a stock trigger on your carry gun. If the trigger on the one you have doesn't bother you, then that's great. For me, there was still enough trigger slap/pinch that I had to go with the HBI trigger. Thankfully it doesn't lighten the trigger that much, so it's still close to stock, but more comfortable, at least for me.

I guess I was agreeing with trigger slap, but that's not what I really felt with the original P10 trigger, it's more the pinch you refer to. The first one I had, I felt the pinch after just a couple of magazines through the gun. The newer one I tried of 88's, plus the two new ones I ended up with the trigger felt fine until I got to ~100 rounds in a single range trip. At that point I noticed the pinch and it became more noticeable the more rounds I put through it. There's still a tiny bit of pinch with the HBI triggers, but so little it doesn't bother me and I can run several hundred rounds through the gun in a single range trip just fine.
    I just want to clarify something

My whole thing with triggers in carry guns isn't that I'm worried about using something modified in a self defense situation. I'm a firm believer that a good shoot is a good shoot and a bad shoot it doesn't matter if its stock or not. Lately I've shot m&p compact 2.0, cz p10c, gen 4 glock 19, gen 5 glock 19, and CZ SP-01 Phantom. I shoot a stock gun just fine. I have however seen some failures when you go changing springs trying for a better trigger. So I keep it stock for reliability more than anything. In fact a personal experience with a glock 20 I had once luckily it was range use and not a self defense scenario. It was a full ghost kit. It ran fine in warm weather. It was cold and wouldn't fire. So I tore it down and found a gap in the trigger return spring. I swapped it back to factory parts and never had an issue. The only thing I change on my glocks is the sights and if they come with night sights I leave it alone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom