Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I get a package today. Open it up and this is in it. Hilarious. Ingo rocks. Thanks Big Tanker.

AS4cfnx.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Random thoughts.

The thought of having something in 10mm excites me, but the only option that seems to appeal to me for lowest cost investment with least amount needed to get it the way Iwould want it would be a Glock, but it's a Glock (not a good track record for me). This would be a new caliber to stock, which adds cost, but it's a cool round so?

I don't really need another 9mm, have 3 currently. I like the Shadow 2, but not the price and I will feel guilty for having it. Thought about getting a base CZ and upgrading, but I've been down that road too many times already, concerned I will just lose interest again.

I like .45, but can't seem to hold onto them as capacity is always a concern. I know there are plenty of double stack .45 guns out there, but the ones I like all cap out at 10rds. The ones that hold more rounds aren't up my alley, like the Sar for example. I liked the FNX-45 that I had, but the DA sucked a big one and it has an annoying decocker safety lever. I like 1911's, but had a super sweet one in the past and let it go, can't see much else in that realm impressing me enough to jump back in.

I have a desire to put an RMR on a semi auto that has the slide milled for it. Just not sure what to put it on. There's an FNS in the classies, thought about that but don't know cost of having the slide milled, plus I'd have to buy an RMR because while I have a Burris FF, I'd prefer the RMR for reliability/durability in the long run. But here we go with ccost again.

Cost on everything matters to me, but my tastes have exceeded my budget that I'm comfortable with, so what's a guy to do?

Here are some thoughts. A double stack 10mm striker fired that ISN'T a Glock. A double stack striker fired .45 that holds 14-15 rounds in a flush mag (basically a FNX-45 but striker fired).

I HATE BEING A CHEAP A** AND LIKING NICE STUFF!!!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have the version 1 in MOA. I was going to put a nightforce on it, and I might eventually just for authenticity, but I have no complaints with the PST's. Great scopes, congrats!

I thought about the authenticity side of it but the money side of it won out ( had to keep the wife happy ). The PST is no slouch of a scope so I’m happy..

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Random thoughts.

The thought of having something in 10mm excites me, but the only option that seems to appeal to me for lowest cost investment with least amount needed to get it the way Iwould want it would be a Glock, but it's a Glock (not a good track record for me). This would be a new caliber to stock, which adds cost, but it's a cool round so?

I don't really need another 9mm, have 3 currently. I like the Shadow 2, but not the price and I will feel guilty for having it. Thought about getting a base CZ and upgrading, but I've been down that road too many times already, concerned I will just lose interest again.

I like .45, but can't seem to hold onto them as capacity is always a concern. I know there are plenty of double stack .45 guns out there, but the ones I like all cap out at 10rds. The ones that hold more rounds aren't up my alley, like the Sar for example. I liked the FNX-45 that I had, but the DA sucked a big one and it has an annoying decocker safety lever. I like 1911's, but had a super sweet one in the past and let it go, can't see much else in that realm impressing me enough to jump back in.

I have a desire to put an RMR on a semi auto that has the slide milled for it. Just not sure what to put it on. There's an FNS in the classies, thought about that but don't know cost of having the slide milled, plus I'd have to buy an RMR because while I have a Burris FF, I'd prefer the RMR for reliability/durability in the long run. But here we go with ccost again.

Cost on everything matters to me, but my tastes have exceeded my budget that I'm comfortable with, so what's a guy to do?

Here are some thoughts. A double stack 10mm striker fired that ISN'T a Glock. A double stack striker fired .45 that holds 14-15 rounds in a flush mag (basically a FNX-45 but striker fired).

I HATE BEING A CHEAP A** AND LIKING NICE STUFF!!!

Here is my take.
    I like really nice stuff. I want the cool stuff, but I want to be able to afford to shoot it. The more I expand my ammo calibers, the less I get to shoot. If I have to start buying 10mm by the case, that cuts into gun money severely.

I stock NATO calibers only. It allows me to shoot a lot, and still buy guns.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I thought about the authenticity side of it but the money side of it won out ( had to keep the wife happy ). The PST is no slouch of a scope so I’m happy..
    I think your son shot my MK12. It's pretty accurate with the 55gr stuff, but it's amazing with the 77's. I enjoy the MK12

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here is my take.
    I like really nice stuff. I want the cool stuff, but I want to be able to afford to shoot it. The more I expand my ammo calibers, the less I get to shoot. If I have to start buying 10mm by the case, that cuts into gun money severely.

I stock NATO calibers only. It allows me to shoot a lot, and still buy guns.
    I agree and that's what I've generally been doing for awhile now. The part I'm struggling with is keeping interested within those calibers.

What I have currently:
    .308/7.62x51 (For a harder hitting high-caliber that I can keep ammo at or just below $0.50/rd)
    .223/5.56 (HD, training, trunk gun)
    9mm (HD, training, EDC)
    .380acp (wifey, Mom)
    .22LR (daughter, plinking)

1) .308 16" AR w/Acog
    1) 5.56 16" AR w/Acog or Aimpoint Pro
    1) 5.56 10.5" AR w/Primary Arms micro red dot (Wife's)
    3) 9mm handguns: FN 509, FNS-9C, M&P 2.0 FullSize
    1) .380 Glock 42 (Wife's)
    1) .22 16" AR w/Holosun red dot (daughter, wife, plinker)
    2) .22 handguns: M&P22C, H&R Revolver (w/Burris FF red dot)

I don't care that the entire internet knows what I have.

I think the big issue here is that I am trying to find something that I can justify as a defensive gun, but is still fun/enjoyable to shoot.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hmm - came home with two new little friends. I call that a good day - MM style.
    Another "Yeah baby ^^^ yeah!" from me! Well bought, they both look spectacular. What else ya gonna do on a rainy day?!? Hope you enjoyed meeting JBLee in person, he's a fantastic guy. Welcome to the RAMI club, that looks tip-top as well.

And CM... that GL*** swag from BigTanker is a riot, TOO funny!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom