Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another 75 Compact for trade here that I ran across. This looks to have been listed for a while, so maybe someone can muster up a really nice deal on this one, and it's on the north side of Indy:

https://www.armslist.com/posts/8493043/indianiapolis-indiana-handguns-for-trade--cz-75-compact-

1. I wish I knew enough or had some experience to know if I should offer $xx for it or even what a fair trade would be with my FNS Bronze or whether the CZ is out of the league of an FNS or does it have parity?
    2. I just don't have the expertise to know about such things (I know only SW MP line, especially the Shields, since I've had/researched the .380, 9mm. 45acp.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just want to clarify something

My whole thing with triggers in carry guns isn't that I'm worried about using something modified in a self defense situation. I'm a firm believer that a good shoot is a good shoot and a bad shoot it doesn't matter if its stock or not. Lately I've shot m&p compact 2.0, cz p10c, gen 4 glock 19, gen 5 glock 19, and CZ SP-01 Phantom. I shoot a stock gun just fine. I have however seen some failures when you go changing springs trying for a better trigger. So I keep it stock for reliability more than anything. In fact a personal experience with a glock 20 I had once luckily it was range use and not a self defense scenario. It was a full ghost kit. It ran fine in warm weather. It was cold and wouldn't fire. So I tore it down and found a gap in the trigger return spring. I swapped it back to factory parts and never had an issue. The only thing I change on my glocks is the sights and if they come with night sights I leave it alone.

This is much more common in the striker fired models unfortunately.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My whole thing with triggers in carry guns isn't that I'm worried about using something modified in a self defense situation. I'm a firm believer that a good shoot is a good shoot and a bad shoot it doesn't matter if its stock or not. Lately I've shot m&p compact 2.0, cz p10c, gen 4 glock 19, gen 5 glock 19, and CZ SP-01 Phantom. I shoot a stock gun just fine. I have however seen some failures when you go changing springs trying for a better trigger. So I keep it stock for reliability more than anything. In fact a personal experience with a glock 20 I had once luckily it was range use and not a self defense scenario. It was a full ghost kit. It ran fine in warm weather. It was cold and wouldn't fire. So I tore it down and found a gap in the trigger return spring. I swapped it back to factory parts and never had an issue. The only thing I change on my glocks is the sights and if they come with night sights I leave it alone.

Yep, perfectly understandable.

Something I like about the HBI kit is that the only thing you're changing on the trigger is the trigger shoe. The only spring replacement is the firing pin spring and that's optional.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

After reading this I realized that my nightstand gun is the only stock CZ I own. It’s a P-09 with light attached. The only thing I would do to it is replacing the trigger spring with one from CGW...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning all.

Sorry for my late night random thoughts, I may have had a few adult beverages in me.

1. That's soo funny. I never saw your post, but it reminded me of a car club I was in for years (still in just not active).
    2. There was this one guy that always posted in the wee hours of the am and you could tell he was "half-a-bubble off" with some of his posts.
    3. I just thought he was just (fill in adjective) till someone pmmd me not to pay any attention to him, he got like that last at night.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    1. I wish I knew enough or had some experience to know if I should offer $xx for it or even what a fair trade would be with my FNS Bronze or whether the CZ is out of the league of an FNS or does it have parity?
    2. I just don't have the expertise to know about such things (I know only SW MP line, especially the Shields, since I've had/researched the .380, 9mm. 45acp.

Sometimes you just have to make the trade or cash offer and see how it goes. Even if you, by your standards, “make a mistake”, it’s not going to be a $1000 mistake.

I might also forewarn you that CZs aren’t in a league of their own - well - some most definitely are.

They are nice, well built and reliable. Much of the firearms that are spoken of around here with near reverence are ones that have had $100’s of modifications made after the purchase. That’s the beauty of CZs - what they can become.

Stock they are very very nice guns. Modified they can be spectacular!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sometimes you just have to make the trade or cash offer and see how it goes. Even if you, by your standards, “make a mistake”, it’s not going to be a $1000 mistake.

I might also forewarn you that CZs aren’t in a league of their own - well - some most definitely are.

They are nice, well built and reliable. Much of the firearms that are spoken of around here with near reverence are ones that have had $100’s of modifications made after the purchase. That’s the beauty of CZs - what they can become.

Stock they are very very nice guns. Modified they can be spectacular!

And as mentioned many times before, the more you shoot them the better the trigger gets. Internal polishing speeds the process up. The only rival to this would be a 1911 done right.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Anyone shot a CTS LS P? Say versus a Shadow..obviously some significant differences in barrel end weight. Just curious as to opinions of the CTS, in general. Sure was a short production run. I am guessing it just didn't fit into the market?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Just got back from a range trip with CM. Man, he has some nice guns. Sadly, I cannot shoot any of them right now. I put about 100 rounds through the Phantom and love the thing. Don't know what role it will have in the collection but I think that it's a keeper. I also put a couple of mags through a transitional that I've done some trigger work to and it ran well. On the downside, I still need to work on the left handed shooting. I'm within the COM area but still need to practice more. The other down side of the trip is that I was thinking that I'm Ok with 9mm right handed until the surgery but after only 100 rounds, the shoulder felt a bit raw. Might have to switch to my .22lr conversion on my P07 now. If that bothers me, I'll have to move down to airsoft and then a laser cartridge to get my practice in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom