The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Happy Father's Day guys. I'm contemplating when I should mow the grass today. It doesn't really need it too badly just yet, but I need the activity and if I plan it right, 95% of it will be in the shade when I do it. I'm probably the odd man out in this group in that I really like that task (most days, but we'll see about today).

Other than that, the kids are coming up for dinner tonight so it will be a nice, relaxed day. I am getting the itch to add something to the collection though. MM's P220 kind of has me thinking that I need to stop buying the same gun over and over in different sizes and calibers and branch out a bit. I'm covered on carry guns, so maybe it's time to explore the world of wheel guns a bit deeper. Only have 3 at the moment. An old S&W in 38 Special would be cool.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Happy Father's Day guys. I'm contemplating when I should mow the grass today. It doesn't really need it too badly just yet, but I need the activity and if I plan it right, 95% of it will be in the shade when I do it. I'm probably the odd man out in this group in that I really like that task (most days, but we'll see about today).

Oddly enough I get a feeling of accomplishment on doing a job like that on a hot day. It sucks during it, but when you finish, it is quite enjoyable!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good (late) morning, amigos ! Thanks for your comments on the 220 .... I hope that I like it.
    I only buy about two new handguns a year, so this is a biggie !
    If I warm up to the .45 round, who knows what the future will hold !?!?

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Good (late) morning, amigos ! Thanks for your comments on the 220 .... I hope that I like it.
    I only buy about two new handguns a year, so this is a biggie !
    If I warm up to the .45 round, who knows what the future will hold !?!?

I predict you will warm up to the 45, and will add a CZ97 and/or a 1911 by the end of the year.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oddly enough I get a feeling of accomplishment on doing a job like that on a hot day. It sucks during it, but when you finish, it is quite enjoyable!

Same here. I feel like I've accomplished something when done and that I've earned that ice cold beer. I'm about half way there at this point. I'll take a break for a hour and let the shade move to some of the sunny spots right now. The side yard is the tough spot in that there's no shade to be had and it only gets hotter as the day progresses. That's next up.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Same here. I feel like I've accomplished something when done and that I've earned that ice cold beer. I'm about half way there at this point. I'll take a break for a hour and let the shade move to some of the sunny spots right now. The side yard is the tough spot in that there's no shade to be had and it only gets hotter as the day progresses. That's next up.

Watch out for heat stroke !!! I refuse to do any outdoor work during these hot times.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Did my hot work.
    RLf7Bp9.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I liked Ribs I am sure these would be seriously good.....:)

I'm not a rib lover myself, but my wife has been using the InstaPot to cook them recently with a quick finish in the oven, and those things are amazing. I think you have posted about having an InstaPot... might want to give it a try.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not a rib lover myself, but my wife has been using the InstaPot to cook them recently with a quick finish in the oven, and those things are amazing. I think you have posted about having an InstaPot... might want to give it a try.

Everybody smashes ribs but me. I am a lean meat kind of guy. No fat. Period. None. Nada. If I can get just the meat it is pretty tasty but just not a fan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom