The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Thanks to GregD my SP-01 now has a playmate.

qOQ8O1Z.jpg

Don't they look good together.

V4JOULm.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's hard to find a really peaceful time this close to the city. It's a rare day that I cannot hear traffic noise at my place. Sometime, I'll take a back roads drive and pull off the side of the road to just enjoy the peace and quiet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's hard to find a really peaceful time this close to the city. It's a rare day that I cannot hear traffic noise at my place. Sometime, I'll take a back roads drive and pull off the side of the road to just enjoy the peace and quiet.

Back to the days when I would walk back to the woods on the family farm. Sit and listen for squirrels cutting. Not a human noise to be heard. Until I started popping squirrels......:):

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The quietest most peaceful place I’ve ever been was years ago when we used to fish off of Montauk Point, NY. Middle of the night a hundred or more miles offshore. Cloudless windless night. Utter silence except maybe the water lapping against the boat. And the stars...the stars were amazing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The quietest most peaceful place I’ve ever been was years ago when we used to fish off of Montauk Point, NY. Middle of the night a hundred or more miles offshore. Cloudless windless night. Utter silence except maybe the water lapping against the boat. And the stars...the stars were amazing.

I remember looking up at night for the first time when I was out in CA doing desert training at Ft. Irwin. Holy cow is the night sky gorgeous once you get to an area with no light pollution to drown it out!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Back in what seems another life we had friends that owned property out west of plainfield before the urban sprawl. We would back pack in and stay for a few days. You never saw another person or house. You could fish/hunt at will. 3 of us usually. Makeshift stools around a fire under a lean-to we would build. Just the woods.
    Just owning a .22 rifle was cool enough.

Man how time/life changes.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Had a great morning range trip with 88 but glad to be back home where I can get some stuff done. Man, you can really tell there was a fire at Point Blank. Smells really bad in there and of course, the side that the fire was on is now closed for the next couple to a few months for renovations. Glad that this wasn't a repeat of BGF where it shut them down for good :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Had a great range trip with WTB this morning. When I got home, I decided to move the Fiat off the back porch to the driveway and while pushing it, my feet went out from under me and I landed hard on my right shoulder. It felt like breaking a handful of uncooked spaghetti when I hit the ground. Now, the right arm is in a sling and feels good as long as I don't try to move it at all. We'll see what transpires with it. I'm hoping that it's just a sprain or bruise and that by Monday it's fine again. Sucks, because it's a nice night to get the Fiat out for a ride but shifting is not in the game plan right now.

I really could use a nice quiet place to contemplate the world right now. The best I've experienced was at Camp Robert's in central CA back in the 80s. It was not related to any military service and just passing through the area but the nights were dark enough to see the Milky Way clearly. I really miss that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One thing of note while shooting this morning, was that I shot the P01 far better than I did my P10C. Don't know why, as it's normally the opposite but today was the P01's day to shine. What a great pistol that one is. I don't know why I don't shoot that more often. I really should do something about the sights though, as I'm really taking to the HD style sight with the big, bright front and blacked out rear sights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom