The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My fore mentioned thought of a G19, led me to the CZ P10C and an impulse buy of a PCR, so it's a relative topic. Sort of....

What I really need to do is ignore the backlog of office work and get the CGW trigger kit into my SP-01.

On an unrelated note, we, literally, just got an inch of snow in maybe 30 minutes...

Snow....:faint:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My fore mentioned thought of a G19, led me to the CZ P10C and an impulse buy of a PCR, so it's a relative topic. Sort of....

What I really need to do is ignore the backlog of office work and get the CGW trigger kit into my SP-01.

On an unrelated note, we, literally, just got an inch of snow in maybe 30 minutes...

I know that the G19 is the most popular of the G guns but it's among my least favorite. The G23 or G30 are solid though. CZ put paid to G's 9mm striker fired dominance with the P10C. The P10C may not be as simple internally, but it sure gets the job done with higher marks in every other category.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ....but if you are going to own just one G....G.....G....G***k, shouldn't it be a 19? Shame they don't make a compact 45...

I spent some LGS counter time with a G19G5 and 19X and it was ok. Trigger was ok. They need to catch up with SW, CZ and Walther in the trigger department. MUCH better than the earlier Gen's I recall shooting though. PLUS they had a "marksman" barrel which my LGS owner said I could use. I'm thinking that wasn't a compliment??

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    ....but if you are going to own just one G....G.....G....G***k, shouldn't it be a 19? Shame they don't make a compact 45...

I spent some LGS counter time with a G19G5 and 19X and it was ok. Trigger was ok. They need to catch up with SW, CZ and Walther in the trigger department. MUCH better than the earlier Gen's I recall shooting though. PLUS they had a "marksman" barrel which my LGS owner said I could use. I'm thinking that wasn't a compliment??

They do have a compact .45. The G30 is smaller than the G19 but a bit fatter and holds 10+1 rounds. That is the gun that makes me scratch my head when looking at 97B capacity. The 97 should be a 12 to 14 round gun, not a 10 rounder. SAR has a similarly sized K2 with 14+1 rounds. Why is it that CZ has trouble stuffing more than 10 into that huge frame?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been toying with putting an RDS equipped P10C together. I'm not sure if that would make the daily carry choice easy or tough based on my preference for .40 and CZ's lack of support for it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    OK OK......I am out. Way to much G**** talk. I am breaking out in a rash.

So you guys one down in this thread then? If it's being converted over to a G***k thread, I could come hang out with the cool kids, since I just started reading this thread a few days ago.

This thread seems to be one of the cooler places to hang out on INGO... I had not been in here before a few days ago. It's actually pretty tolerable from a gun perspective since 88 talks about G***ks a good bit and the occasional picture of a P10 gets posted every once in a while. Notice which part I put in purple and which part I didn't. :ingo:

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So you guys one down in this thread then? If it's being converted over to a Glock thread, I could come hang out with the cool kids, since I just started reading this thread a few days ago.

This thread seems to be one of the cooler places to hang out on INGO... I had not been in here before a few days ago. It's actually pretty tolerable from a gun perspective since 88 talks about Glocks a good bit and the occasional picture of a P10 gets posted every once in a while. Notice which part I put in purple and which part I didn't. :ingo:

Welcome to the madness :wavey:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just for the record, the G***k conversation ended up at CZ 97....

Welcome, Websnyper :welcome:. Be careful, I came in here with one CZ that wasn't shot in awhile and now have three more, with CGW parts here and more on the way...my CZ want list is approaching my SW 3rd gen list though not even close to my SW pre-lock revolver list. I'll never live long enough to finish the later...

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    CZ 97, Shadow, Phantom, Compacts, 75B, 75BD, 75 B 85 B and Pre-B's and CM's often sought after but seldom seen Shadow-Phantom, BA's No 1 that without this thread would not be!!! Holy cow batman what is this talk of *****,:ugh: Blasphemy I say!!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The mouse will love my post: While at Point Blank (Greenwood) today, I handled a Dan Wesson CCO ..... oh my goodness, the beauty of it almost knocked me off my feet ! :cowbell:

If there's anyway that I can put together some moolah / trades from the safe ..... I must have that 1911 goodness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom