The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went with the middle spring. The lightest spring seemed a bit too light for me and the factory was on the heavy side. The middle one was just right.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm not a fan of changing clocks to make people feel like the day's longer. It forces the fact that our lives are run by a clock down our throats. :xmad:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Put the HBI trigger in the P10C. The trigger itself is nice and seems to eliminate the pinch point the factory trigger had.

Put the 3 lb spring in and the trigger pull reduced only about 1/2 a pound to 4.5 lbs. Would have preferred a little closer to 4 lbs but overall its a well spent $65...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Put the HBI trigger in the P10C. The trigger itself is nice and seems to eliminate the pinch point the factory trigger had.

Put the 3 lb spring in and the trigger pull reduced only about 1/2 a pound to 4.5 lbs. Would have preferred a little closer to 4 lbs but overall its a well spent $65...

Shoot it. The pull will drop with use.
    Some polishing in strategic areas will help as well.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

After a bunch of dry fire, the CGW trigger is back to the 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 lb range again. I really need to get this to the range and exercise it some.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Based on initial impressions, the HBI trigger is definitely a better deal, coming with tuning springs for $65 compared to the CGW trigger alone for $68. We'll have to see how they compare side by side though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Shoot it. The pull mull drop with use.
    Some polishing in strategic areas will help as well.

Yep. The gun itself only has a few hundred rounds. I'll put a couple hundred through it this week and take a look at it again.

Overall, it is a pretty darn good trigger which is still a relative statement being a striker fired gun...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For a defensive carry gun, I'm starting to prefer a crisp striker feel. Love my other CZs but that tactile pull and reset just seems to work for me. Just wish they would build the .40 version already.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning all....

turnandshoot4....nice. I'm new to CZ and seeing the "unicorns" is very cool.

The SGE falls on the same day as my granddaughter's first birthday. Luckily, they live in Nobelsville...hoping to steal a little time - subject to permission from Grandma!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Nice pistol Turnandshoot4. I have one just like it and it's one of my favorites to shoot. That heavy frame makes the 9mm feel like a .22lr. For a weighty pistol, they carry very well too if you use a good quality P01 holster. I picked up a near identical pistol in .40 a year or so back and it's a fantastic shooter too, but is iffy in reliability. I really wish that CZ would have labeled those as SP01 Compacts, as that is pretty much what they are. They released a new batch of those again last fall and are identical except for using a stock P01 slide with P01 roll marks. Nice way to confuse the naming of pistols. I really wish that if CZ were going to mix and match slides, they would just leave the roll marks off as they do on their 1911s (I guess there are some roll marks, but very small).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom