Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    ChrisK - OK; with all the talk - let's see a pic of this masterpiece.

Here you go...
    bykRDGh.jpg
    ywIsHeW.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I don't recall those sights when I handled this at The Wizard's Den, but I definitely remember this piece! He had very recently finished Cajonizing it, and was extremely pleased with the results. I only dry fired it a couple times, but was really impressed at how well it turned out.

I'm having flashbacks of the Bumblebee as I type this!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't recall those sights when I handled this at The Wizard's Den, but I definitely remember this piece! He had very recently finished Cajonizing it, and was extremely pleased with the results. I only dry fired it a couple times, but was really impressed at how well it turned out.

Yep, similar to you I got a chance to shoot it the first time I went up to Applied Ballistics to shoot with BA and the Wizard. Great shooter! I got to shoot the bumblebee during the same range session :)

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

I'm having flashbacks of the Bumblebee as I type this!
    psyko

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

WTB, thanks for the tip on using Office Libre, the spreadsheet program is working great for me. :thumbsup:

Our company offers employees full licences of Microsoft Office for $15 but that package has become so over bloated and cumbersome that I'm thinking of just going back to a simple office package like Office Libre for home use. I do miss the days when office applications where simple. I also miss the days when I could actually print something without struggling for an hour or two trying to figure out why my network printer is invisible to my PC even though both are fully networked and can be pinged. I hate computers...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks!

Our company offers employees full licences of Microsoft Office for $15 but that package has become so over bloated and cumbersome that I'm thinking of just going back to a simple office package like Office Libre for home use. I do miss the days when office applications where simple. I also miss the days when I could actually print something without struggling for an hour or two trying to figure out why my network printer is invisible to my PC even though both are fully networked and can be pinged. I hate computers...

Computers.....great at some things. Not all things.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks!

Yep, I understand. Bit the bullet and picked up a Dell laser printer that was crazy cheap (under $100 if I remember correctly). We'd been burning up tons of money buying inkjet cartridges for our HP printer every couple of months it seemed. At $30 to replace color and black, that was adding up quick. The laser printer is fantastic, except that every time I set it up on the wife's Windows 10 machine, it goes offline and can't be reached again after a couple of times using it. Every time I fix it, the same thing happens. My Windows 7 box prints everything fine and never loses the printer. UGH!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's similar to what I'm seeing too. It used to work fine for months at a time, but now seems unreachable and I'm guessing it has to do with the Norton Antivirus software I'm running blocking the ports needed to access it. What a PITA.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's similar to what I'm seeing too. It used to work fine for months at a time, but now seems unreachable and I'm guessing it has to do with the Norton Antivirus software I'm running blocking the ports needed to access it. What a PITA.

Yep. I setup a nice computer for the wife and she rarely uses it due to stupid little issues like this that don't seem to stay fixed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. I setup a nice computer for the wife and she rarely uses it due to stupid little issues like this that don't seem to stay fixed.

My darling spouse caused some of the issues we had on my lap top. She was used to the unlimited ability's of a big network at her job and treated my lap top the same way. Everything has limits.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My darling spouse caused some of the issues we had on my lap top. She was used to the unlimited ability's of a big network at her job and treated my lap top the same way. Everything has limits.

Yep, I can agree with that. In this case it's something with the OS/driver that's causing our issue. I'm assuming either Windows 10 doesn't support this printer the way it should, or Windows 10 just plain sucks (which is what I fall back to and the reason I don't have it on my machine). I should have researched the printer better before I bought it. Shame on me for thinking in 2017 things would have broader compatibility... :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom