Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks. I'm really getting tired of this cold spell. I just found out that the pipes in my laundry room froze. In the 23 years I've been in this house, that's never happened before. Those pipes run inside a brick covered outside wall, but I'm guessing that the length of this deep freeze finally cold soaked the brick enough to freeze the pipes in there. Need to figure out how to fix this one now, but I'm sure it won't be pretty or cheap if they split.

Did I mention that January sucks?

Sorry to hear that Tim. Hopefully it's not too costly to resolve. I completely agree that this cold snap sucks badly. Reminds me too much of my time in Minnesota.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I finally gave in and turned up the thermostats more at our house. I was trying to conserve some money, but it's not worth it. Tired of cold floors, but can't do too much about that since I have stupid cable ceiling heat from 1956 in our house. Hate this time of year. Blah.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks. I'm really getting tired of this cold spell. I just found out that the pipes in my laundry room froze. In the 23 years I've been in this house, that's never happened before. Those pipes run inside a brick covered outside wall, but I'm guessing that the length of this deep freeze finally cold soaked the brick enough to freeze the pipes in there. Need to figure out how to fix this one now, but I'm sure it won't be pretty or cheap if they split.

Did I mention that January sucks?

Copper, pex or cpvc? Pex might not split. Either of the other 2, i'd be in that wall today.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Well it looks like I will be putting the RAMI BD up for sale.. this originally was Barry Jenkins , then it went to CM and then to me . It has been Ceracoated by Allen M, fully Cajunized by the wizard. Would like to keep it within the group.
    I swear I handled this briefly when The Wizard was working over my 75B and P-01. Was this cerakoted OD Green, IIRC? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it turned out SWEET.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Copper, pex or cpvc? Pex might not split. Either of the other 2, i'd be in that wall today.

Yup, sure enough it's copper. To add to the fun, I found that my truck doors were frozen shut this morning. That one is on me though, as I ran it through a car wash yesterday and forgot to wipe the seals when I got home.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yup, sure enough it's copper. To add to the fun, I found that my truck doors were frozen shut this morning. That one is on me though, as I ran it through a car wash yesterday and forgot to wipe the seals when I got home.

BTDT. I like copper and have become proficient at sweating joints but it doesn't like ice.

Looking at replacing the water heater down at the hacienda. Anybody have any feedback on the Rheem lifetime electrics? Or a cheaper place to buy? Looking at $1000+ then i have to figure out how I'm gonna plumb in the water furnace preheating system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom