• Status
    Not open for further replies.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The family finally grew by one! I have a long way to go. More pics in the CZ thread.

IMG_2679_zps61new9va.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our good friend and fellow CZicko Pack Indy stopped by yesterday. He had a 1911 issues which was a simple fix and we sat and chatted for a good spell.
    This spring when his calendar clears up a bit we will put something together for the CZicko's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How's Pack and the misses doing CM? Hope all is well with them.

Congrats on the new addition. Love the grips on the bi-tone one.

They are flat out building their lives. Doing well.

They are looking forward to hosting our merry band of miscreants again but I can not even imagine why.....:):

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Our good friend and fellow CZicko Pack Indy stopped by yesterday. He had a 1911 issues which was a simple fix and we sat and chatted for a good spell.
    This spring when his calendar clears up a bit we will put something together for the CZicko's.

They are flat out building their lives. Doing well.

They are looking forward to hosting our merry band of miscreants again but I can not even imagine why.....:):

Awesome news! :thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let me know if I'm allowed into the entourage. Be good to meet some other Czickos.

How does October sound for next fall's get together at the farm?

Yes you are an official Miscreant....:):

If we have another day like the last one I will just not know what to do with myself. Weather/friends/guns/food.........:drool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Saw this today. Don't remember seeing it linked here, but a nice vid of shooting CZ surplus pistols.

[video=youtube_share;Yz2W8JgK76s]https://youtu.be/Yz2W8JgK76s[/video]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After watching this video, I decided to finally take the latest police trade in out for a spin. I've had it since July and have not shot it yet. It did well with only one FTE in a box of 50. Somewhere in the box of springs I have, there are some spare extra power extractor springs. Could be that it needs one, but more likely is that it's just in need of cleaning the extractor channel in the slide. Those can get gunked up over time and are not something that's easy to do regularly.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I am kicking myself for not taking advantage of cheap surplus CZs last year. Does anyone know if the Israeli police replaced the old with new CZs? If so in 20 years there may be another run of surplus guns available.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Been lurking here for awhile. Now an active question for the cognoscenti.

Anyone reloading 147 gr for their 75? I've decided to go heavy with my CZs. Wondering if there are any bullets that just don't work in a CZ chamber?

I have some XTPs loaded a bit deep over a lightish charge and that seems to work fine, but I'm wondering about a 'full power' load under a 147 gr. bullet?

I only mention this because I am good at finding bullets that don't work in a CZ, or seating too long, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been lurking here for awhile. Now an active question for the cognoscenti.

Anyone reloading 147 gr for their 75? I've decided to go heavy with my CZs. Wondering if there are any bullets that just don't work in a CZ chamber?

I have some XTPs loaded a bit deep over a lightish charge and that seems to work fine, but I'm wondering about a 'full power' load under a 147 gr. bullet?

I only mention this because I am good at finding bullets that don't work in a CZ, or seating too long, etc.

88 or the Wizard will be the ones to know on this.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The bulk of my 9mm reloads are 124g plated X-treme bullets. I have a box of 147g lead truncated point bullets that I've struggled with in CZs. The load I worked up for them runs fine through my Sig P938 but is too long for the CZs. It will jam into the lands and be a total b***h to clear. Every round. I keep telling myself that I need to revisit that issue but have not. Maybe I'll work up a batch this week while I'm on vacation. I've been cranking out the .45 rounds lately and shooting them as fast as I can produce them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Speaking of cranking rounds out and then shooting them just as fast, I've noticed that my higher round count guns tend to be the problem children. My P07 in .40 gave me all kinds of issues when I first got it and I shot it a lot trying to figure out what the issue was, then shot it a lot when the issue was resolved to make sure it was working as well as I thought it was working. Same for the problem child 75B compact in .40. That gun gets shot more than my SP01 Compact. The SP01C has yet to fail, and I love shooting the thing, yet it tends to sit in the safe while I put ammo down range in guns that frustrate me while I'm sorting them out.

I'm not sure what that says about me. Maybe that I'm addicted to the need to solve problems. Maybe it's the challenge. One of these days, I need to just spend a day at the range running something that simply runs well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Speaking of cranking rounds out and then shooting them just as fast, I've noticed that my higher round count guns tend to be the problem children. My P07 in .40 gave me all kinds of issues when I first got it and I shot it a lot trying to figure out what the issue was, then shot it a lot when the issue was resolved to make sure it was working as well as I thought it was working. Same for the problem child 75B compact in .40. That gun gets shot more than my SP01 Compact. The SP01C has yet to fail, and I love shooting the thing, yet it tends to sit in the safe while I put ammo down range in guns that frustrate me while I'm sorting them out.

I'm not sure what that says about me. Maybe that I'm addicted to the need to solve problems. Maybe it's the challenge. One of these days, I need to just spend a day at the range running something that simply runs well.

It says you are dedicated....:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom