• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Merry Christmas fellas! Finished my son's 75 Compact build this morning with the ultra-light kit using the blue mainspring, fiber-optic front sight, and new Cajun wood grips (the 1/2-checkered ones) from his stocking stuffers. Holy wow, for not nearly as much investment as going full-on Cajun like I had The Wizard do to mine, it turned out really, really nice.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Been spending some time over on GT lately. Wow, there are some egos there. Kind of an odd vibe to that site. If someone asks about removing finger grooves from their G19, they are jumped on pretty quickly by the 'G****s are perfect as they are, and to modify one is blaspheme' crowd. It's wierd, if someone alters their G***k to a configuration not offered, they better have a strong flame suit. But, if the mother company releases a gun in the same configuration, everyone trips all over each other to praise the change. Different vibe there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been spending some time over on GT lately. Wow, there are some egos there. Kind of an odd vibe to that site. If someone asks about removing finger grooves from their G19, they are jumped on pretty quickly by the 'G****s are perfect as they are, and to modify one is blaspheme' crowd. It's wierd, if someone alters their G***k to a configuration not offered, they better have a strong flame suit. But, if the mother company releases a gun in the same configuration, everyone trips all over each other to praise the change. Different vibe there.

Ha........No comment.....:):

This is the last of the Legacy pieces. For the Daughter. It will be very special when it is done.
    Just an average Springer RO.....
    BQoZL7n.jpg

And it begins.
    Jr3U8ec.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

That is pretty funny. Then again, fanatics of all stripes are similar...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ha........No comment.....:):

This is the last of the Legacy pieces. For the Daughter. It will be very special when it is done.
    Just an average Springer RO.....
    BQoZL7n.jpg

And it begins.
    Jr3U8ec.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished product CM. What are the plans? Anything radical or just going to go for a sublime shooter with the usual CM perfection?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is pretty funny. Then again, fanatics of all stripes are similar...
    Yup. There are some level headed folks over there that are into 1911s and CZs, but there are also a lot of simple minded zealots that can't grasp the fact that other opinions could be correct from a different perspective than their own. That forum needs some decent moderation I think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can't wait to see the finished product CM. What are the plans? Anything radical or just going to go for a sublime shooter with the usual CM perfection?

This one will be Bi-Tone. Armorer black frame with pewter slide. All stainless external controls. AllenM show off machine work...:)
    I will post it up as I go.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This one will be Bi-Tone. Armorer black frame with pewter slide. All stainless external controls. AllenM show off machine work...:)
    I will post it up as I go.

Cant wait to see it. I have no doubt that when you and Allen collaborate, the results will be something to behold.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Boy did I get lucky yesterday. Was working from home and noticed my furnace kick on and make a really horrid noise. Turned the furnace off and called my HVAC guy and was lucky enough he was able to get there in just a couple of hours. Some part had gone bad (don't recall which). Luckily he had a used part, as he said a new one would have run ~$450. Total cost to me was $150 for parts and labor and I didn't lose my heat during this cold snap, so I see that as a win-win :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Boy did I get lucky yesterday. Was working from home and noticed my furnace kick on and make a really horrid noise. Turned the furnace off and called my HVAC guy and was lucky enough he was able to get there in just a couple of hours. Some part had gone bad (don't recall which). Luckily he had a used part, as he said a new one would have run ~$450. Total cost to me was $150 for parts and labor and I didn't lose my heat during this cold snap, so I see that as a win-win :)

It really pays to know the right people.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, totally agreed. I knew you were an HVAC guy, but I didn't really want to bother you. Glad my Dad knew this guy and he's been taking care of me for the last 5 years, so he knows the system and always gives me a good deal :yesway:

I was pretty busy yesterday anyway. Today is already full. When I get home today I may turn off my phone......or not.....:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom