88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Afternoon folks! :coffee:

Last night, I got a package in the mail from Greece that contained two new sets of recoil reduction guide rods from DPM Systems. I did a quick range trip out to PB at lunch to see if they worked and am quite happy to report that they seemed to have settled the problem child down. I only put 50 rounds through the PC, but the gun feels right now. It will take a couple of hundred more rounds through it before it will even approach carry status, but for the first time, the gun was actually quite nice to shoot. I'm running with the second from heaviest spring and the thing feels like a stout 9mm instead of a .40. It totally took the snappiness out of the gun and function seems to be spot on so far. Like I said, too early to call it good, but it's definitely the best that this thing has run since getting it last January.

The second recoil reduction set they sent was for my standard compact 9mm and, while the difference is not as dramatic, it's still a big difference. The gun actually feels a bit softer than my 99021 (SP01 Compact). I'm thinking that I might have to order a RRS for my full size 75B in .40 (aka Bill). That's already a sweet shooter and could be even better maybe.

Next up on the PC is to run it a bit to see if it was just a lucky 50 rounds and if the performance holds up, I'll start to re-Cajunize it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Afternoon folks! :coffee:

Last night, I got a package in the mail from Greece that contained two new sets of recoil reduction guide rods from DPM Systems. I did a quick range trip out to PB at lunch to see if they worked and am quite happy to report that they seemed to have settled the problem child down. I only put 50 rounds through the PC, but the gun feels right now. It will take a couple of hundred more rounds through it before it will even approach carry status, but for the first time, the gun was actually quite nice to shoot. I'm running with the second from heaviest spring and the thing feels like a stout 9mm instead of a .40. It totally took the snappiness out of the gun and function seems to be spot on so far. Like I said, too early to call it good, but it's definitely the best that this thing has run since getting it last January.

The second recoil reduction set they sent was for my standard compact 9mm and, while the difference is not as dramatic, it's still a big difference. The gun actually feels a bit softer than my 99021 (SP01 Compact). I'm thinking that I might have to order a RRS for my full size 75B in .40 (aka Bill). That's already a sweet shooter and could be even better maybe.

Next up on the PC is to run it a bit to see if it was just a lucky 50 rounds and if the performance holds up, I'll start to re-Cajunize it.

Wow, tentatively sounds really good Tim! :yesway:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like you've turned a corner, good deal! I've said before that I always thought CZs shined best in 9mm format, but if you can tame one into behaving with 40, that's fantastic. Sounds like you're there!

And being back in this CZ thread after getting my son the 75B all-steel compact has me doing everything I can to not jump on that P-01 in Anderson. I keep telling myself I already have one, I don't need a dupe.

Right? RIGHT?!?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's always room for another P01 in the family. I wonder if you could have an aluminum framed gun hard chromed with the brushed finish. That would be a really nice look for a restored surplus P01. Add a set of dark greenish tan snake skin grips from CoolHand and some sights and it would be quite the carry gun.

Oh, BTW, I'm of zero help in talking someone out of buying a gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Likewise! Actually, the P-01 I'm lusting at is in Anderson, it's not the surplus model... there are two P-01's in the classifieds at the moment. It looks pretty spotless, and would make a nice winter bench project.

I've been eyeing the surplus one a bit myself. There's some damage on the right side where it looks like someone got used to pulling the slide lock out with a hammer, but it could make a great restoration project.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been eyeing the surplus one a bit myself. There's some damage on the right side where it looks like someone got used to pulling the slide lock out with a hammer, but it could make a great restoration project.
    I've always thought these CZ compacts would look sharp in a satin stainless finish. BA has that satin nickel compact I've been drooling over for a few years now, which CZ hasn't made in years with that particular finish. They VERY rarely come up for sale anymore.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    OH man, you guys are driving me crazy ....just thinking about a satin nickel CZ.
    It's a shame that BA was sick, and wasn't able to come to Patience's big shoot.

I've been a bachelor all week. My wife has been on one of her (deserved !) 'girlcations', as she calls it. After 37 yrs of marriage, we both enjoy our alone time, although enjoy each others company also.
    Tomorrow, she comes home, which means I have to straighten up the house. I've been messy ! hehe !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OH man, you guys are driving me crazy ....just thinking about a satin nickel CZ.
    It's a shame that BA was sick, and wasn't able to come to Patience's big shoot.

I've been a bachelor all week. My wife has been on one of her (deserved !) 'girlcations', as she calls it. After 37 yrs of marriage, we both enjoy our alone time, although enjoy each others company also.
    Tomorrow, she comes home, which means I have to straighten up the house. I've been messy ! hehe !

Pick up all the pizza boxes and throw out all the beer cans.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have shot it a few times. It is a perfect carry piece.
    You... you've actually TOUCHED it? AND shot it?!? :drool:

And I waited too long on the P-01 up in Anderson. It's gone. Just as well, it would have been a dupe... but dangit, it looked brand-new. It was a steal for the seller's asking price, that buyer did well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You... you've actually TOUCHED it? AND shot it?!? :drool:

And I waited too long on the P-01 up in Anderson. It's gone. Just as well, it would have been a dupe... but dangit, it looked brand-new. It was a steal for the seller's asking price, that buyer did well.

I did not even see that one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was waffling on ordering a full size Dan Wesson A2 from Bud's last night. I have a commander sized A2 and it's the best fit production 1911 I've ever seen, so it's big brother should be good too. This is not the time of the year for buying stuff like that though, but with only 200 produced, it's also not something I can just pick up next spring either. So, this morning, I put it on layaway with 20% down and will complete the order before my birthday in February. I love it when a plan comes together. The last time I tried to put something on layaway, I went back and bought it within 2 days though. I'm not good at waiting sometimes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom