• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My son has the Czickness, the next generation of enthusiasts is alive and well! He should be receiving his Lifetime LTCH by the end of next week. Being that he's 19 and not old enough to purchase his own pistol yet, I surprised him with a very gently used 75 Compact that I stumbled across recently. It's barely been shot, plus I still have spare parts from The Wizard breathing on my P-01 and 75B in case something like the trigger return spring or firing pin needs replaced. All I've done so far was give it a detailed bath and a function test. It's a keeper, he's pretty excited to have such a beauty, and after swapping out the compact's factory plastic grips for the rubber ones I had on the P-01, there's no plastic other than the stock guide rod.

Boy, I had forgotten how bad the stock front sight is. That will be the first minor upgrade with a custom shop FO option.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My son has the Czickness, the next generation of enthusiasts is alive and well! He should be receiving his Lifetime LTCH by the end of next week. Being that he's 19 and not old enough to purchase his own pistol yet, I surprised him with a very gently used 75 Compact that I stumbled across recently. It's barely been shot, plus I still have spare parts from The Wizard breathing on my P-01 and 75B in case something like the trigger return spring or firing pin needs replaced. All I've done so far was give it a detailed bath and a function test. It's a keeper, he's pretty excited to have such a beauty, and after swapping out the compact's factory plastic grips for the rubber ones I had on the P-01, there's no plastic other than the stock guide rod.

Boy, I had forgotten how bad the stock front sight is. That will be the first minor upgrade with a custom shop FO option.

Sounds awesome! Always nice getting the next generation a draft of the :koolaid:

BTW, TFX/TFX Pros are another option to FO and I personally think much better for carry/home defense. My :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Always great to get the youngsters involved.
    I put mine into sweet 1911's but being young the went CZ/G****

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    BTW, TFX/TFX Pros are another option to FO and I personally think much better for carry/home defense. My :twocents:

Yeah, I thought about that too. I think the FO sight will be fine for now, but I have seen lots of you guys speak highly of the TFX sight system. I've done front sights before, but have heard the rear sights tend to be dovetailed in pretty tight. Maybe not Springfield hydraulic press tight, but not always easy to get out. The front sight is a cinch.

Always great to get the youngsters involved.
    I put mine into sweet 1911's but being young the went CZ/G****
    Oh, the boy has been eyeballing my S&W SC-E round butt pretty hard, giving me the business about it. Since my daughter has very little interest in this sort of thing, I told him to be patient, he'll inherit it some day. But at this point in time...NO! :nono:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I thought about that too. I think the FO sight will be fine for now, but I have seen lots of you guys speak highly of the TFX sight system. I've done front sights before, but have heard the rear sights tend to be dovetailed in pretty tight. Maybe not Springfield hydraulic press tight, but not always easy to get out. The front sight is a cinch.

Oh, the boy has been eyeballing my S&W SC-E round butt pretty hard, giving me the business about it. Since my daughter has very little interest in this sort of thing, I told him to be patient, he'll inherit it some day. But at this point in time...NO! :nono:

My one and only daughter opted for one of my charter arms Bull Dogs in .44 special. She had a variety of choices and went with that on. It is loaded with Blue Nose Glazers (Sp) with a speed loader full of them at the ready.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My one and only daughter opted for one of my charter arms Bull Dogs in .44 special. She had a variety of choices and went with that on. It is loaded with Blue Nose Glazers (Sp) with a speed loader full of them at the ready.
    I'll give you one guess what my boy carries. Remember, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. :laugh:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Your kid has great taste Hop. Both of my son's got a rebuilt pre-B as their first pistols. They've run the snot out of the things.

My birthday gun to myself this year was a CZ75B in "Urban Gray" from RamZ's Pawn in Lafayette.

Ramz's Emporium | Lafayette Indiana Pawn Shop Guns Jewelry Watches Coins Antiques Collectibles

Happy birthday to me.:D

Happy birthday Kirk! Congrats on the new 75B. There's a used one down at the LGS I frequent that's been calling my name lately. They definitely have a nice 'business-like' look to them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom