The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Anybody know what happened to this? Looks like CGW was designing a system to replace the trigger return spring on our beloved CZs. As we all know, the OEM spring tends to break. This system would completely replace the spring and last a lot longer. Looks like it would have an adjustable weight as well. Looks pretty cool and according to this post, was supposed to be available August 2016.

Broken trigger return spring? Here's the answer.... - CZ - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Quick question on CZ's. I'm used to a click-on/click-off safeties. The SP-01 Compact is not. Is that standard CZ stuff?

That has been a gripe on some CZs for a little while. There is a company that makes an extra power detent spring for the CZs that is supposed to give the safety more of a snap on and off instead of the mushy feeling it sometimes has. Here's a link to that spring: CZ Extra Power Thumb Safety Spring

Anybody know what happened to this? Looks like CGW was designing a system to replace the trigger return spring on our beloved CZs. As we all know, the OEM spring tends to break. This system would completely replace the spring and last a lot longer. Looks like it would have an adjustable weight as well. Looks pretty cool and according to this post, was supposed to be available August 2016.

Broken trigger return spring? Here's the answer.... - CZ - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wonder what ever did happen to that. It sure looked promising. Maybe it just was not reliable enough for CGW to put their name on it or maybe they're waiting on a patent to be granted.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll be honest, I don't know. I never used the safety on that gun, or any CZ for that matter.

This is pretty much were I'm at as well with CZs. I carry all of them at the half cock notch. None of the CZ safeties I've used have given me confidence in my ability to click (or mush) it off if needed.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is pretty much were I'm at as well with CZs. I carry all of them at the half cock notch. None of the CZ safeties I've used have given me confidence in my ability to click (or mush) it off if needed.

Yeah I wouldn't mind the mush so much but it is TINY. Returning the hammer to half-cock with a live round in the chamber scares me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Put your finger between the hammer and slide and pull the trigger. That's how I do it. Practice it, it becomes second nature.

I have done this with 1911's for ever.
    Thumb on the hammer and other thumb on the slide blocking. Sounds strange but once mastered it is not hard. Always down and away. Always.

Kirk will be along any minute with ATM in tow I am sure.....:):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well I'd like to post a photo of the one big ragged hole the Champion made with its first mag in my hands, but INGO will not let me post photos. It's been going on for awhile and I've tried many alternatives, but none of them have worked. Rusty is not happy.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Well I'd like to post a photo of the one big ragged hole the Champion made with its first mag in my hands, but INGO will not let me post photos. It's been going on for awhile and I've tried many alternatives, but none of them have worked. Rusty is not happy.

But, it lets you say whatever you like about the grouping . . . INGO can be good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom