The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks.

I am excited about this new to me champion. After yesterday's range trip I felt the desire to explore the idea of carrying a 1911 again. I believe this is the perfect candidate. Thinking she will get bobbed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new 1911 Rusty. I've been in a 1911 mode for a little while now. Right now, the only things rotating through the holsters are the CCO and Heritage. Except for carrying the CZ 1911A1 back when I came up to Daleville to meet you and T-D, those have been the only two carried this month.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thanks, Tim. I have been in that same mood lately. It just feels right, felt more comfortable with the 1911s yesterday than I did with the CZs so it was easy to let the SP01c go. Even though it is a super sweet shooter, hoping it works out really well for CP.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Back in February, when I did the range trip on my birthday, I shot a whole bunch of guns and came away thinking that the full size 1911 was definitely what I shoot best right now. If I had to choose 1 gun to take to and all day shooting trip, with unlimited ammo available, it would be the CZ 1911A1. Other than the sights, that pistol is near perfect.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There is nothing like having an old slab sided pistol on your hip. I really wonder how many of these will still be around and being carried at the 200 year old mark.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The bar is so ridiculously high that the Wizard and I just laugh about it.

I was reading on the CZ Custom site where they were advertising a full on custom gun. They said the DA trigger would be between 7-8 lbs. and the SA would be between 3.5-4 lbs. The cost of the gun was around $1500. That's not much better than the guns BEFORE I send them to the Wizard. It would be my most expensive gun and the worst trigger by far. We are so spoiled.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Had a nice range trip with a few CZ's yesterday. One of mine ended up going home with a friend.

I know the cajunized CZ's are spectacular but I am pretty happy with my factory stock ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom