The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Question for the brain trust.... If I were to get a safety model RAMI, is it possible to engage the safety while the gun is in the half cock position? If it cannot be activated, I think that would alleviate any of my concerns about carrying with a safety.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Just got back from a quick Friday morning range trip. I ran another 75 rounds through the new Heritage and that thing gets better and better with each round sent downrange. Out of the box, the trigger pull was nice, but came in around 4 1/4#. I checked it this morning and after 300 rounds with no work done on it at all, it's down to a consistent 3 1/2 lbs. That's exactly what I would be going for when tuning, so I'm not touching this one other than shooting, cleaning and then shooting some more.

On the Rami safety question, stock it should function just as you would want. Safety does not engage unless fully cocked. Where it differs from that is when you use a CGW adjustable sear. At that point, the safety can often be engaged with the hammer down, but I'm not sure if it will engage at the half cock. You have to be careful too since if the safety is engaged with the hammer down, you can damage the sear by cocking it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Question for the brain trust.... If I were to get a safety model RAMI, is it possible to engage the safety while the gun is in the half cock position? If it cannot be activated, I think that would alleviate any of my concerns about carrying with a safety.

Honestly, I don't know. I never use the safeties as the DA weight of pull is sufficient for safety purposes for me. But I certainly understand you wanting to be able to engage it. I will have to check later.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    On the Rami safety question, stock it should function just as you would want. Safety does not engage unless fully cocked. Where it differs from that is when you use a CGW adjustable sear. At that point, the safety can often be engaged with the hammer down, but I'm not sure if it will engage at the half cock. You have to be careful too since if the safety is engaged with the hammer down, you can damage the sear by cocking it.

Actually, this isn't correct. Or, I should say, this is not what I have experienced. This is one of the issues with Cajunizing. Once Cajunized the safety lever will move when the hammer is at rest but the safety doesn't actually engage. The gun will still fire even though safety lever indicates that it will not.

Last edited:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Honestly, I don't know. I never use the safeties as the DA weight of pull is sufficient for safety purposes for me. But I certainly understand you wanting to be able to engage it. I will have to check later.

I have no interest in engaging the safety. I don't carry guns with safeties because I don't want it to engage. I was trying to find out if I carry in the half cock position if the safety could possibly be engaged by accident, and it appears it cannot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Actually, this isn't correct. Or, I should say, this is not what I have experienced. This is one of the issues with Cajunizing. Once Cajunized the safety lever will move when the hammer is at rest but the safety doesn't actually engage. The gun will still fire even though safety lever indicates that it will not.

I'll have to check mine again. I could have sworn that if I engaged the safety with the hammer at rest, and then tried to pull the trigger, it would travel part way, then run into the safety before allowing a full DA trigger pull. I could be wrong though and will need to check.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'll have to check mine again. I could have sworn that if I engaged the safety with the hammer at rest, and then tried to pull the trigger, it would travel part way, then run into the safety before allowing a full DA trigger pull. I could be wrong though and will need to check.

I could be wrong too. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Now, wouldn't that be a sweet thing to have in the family. I don't know if I could bring myself to shoot it though.

The original ones had issues with the slides cracking. That one of the reasons they changed the geometry. I would feel sick if I paid over three grand for a gun and cracked the slide.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom