The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    At least he is up front with the fact that he wants to make a sucker out of you on the deal.
    I offered him a trade on an HK, and told him what his difference would be. That's when he told me what he was after. He's trying, good for him.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is one of the first weekends that I have not done any shooting in a long time. I wussed out on Friday because of the rain and while not shooting on a Friday happens from time to time, it's always because I'll be shooting later in the weekend. I'm suffering some withdrawal pains right now. I want to get the SP01 checked out for carry and am close, but need to run some SD ammo through the puppy. I'm a little concerned about the weight but have decided that if there's too much weight on one side, I'll just have to buy a second and carry two of the things. :):

I hate a dirty garage! Yet, I live with a dirty garage through most of the winter. I spent the greater part of the day today cleaning and tossing crap. I really wish there was a goodwill of car parts I could send some stuff to, but there isn't and into the trash some leftover bits from projects went. I'm a recovering pack rat and am amazed at some of the crap I've kept for the dumbest reasons. When I swapped a manual transmission into a BMW 5 series wagon, the rear transmission mount was cracked, so I ordered one from Germany. It cost all of $26 at the dealer and I should have tossed the old one and been done with the saga. But, I told myself that it might be fun to try to weld up the old one for some reason and under the workbench it went. I think that I have brake rotors from the last dozen or so brake jobs under there as well. I told myself that old brake rotors could be handy for something someday. A normal person would have kept one or two, but I kept an easy 16 to 24 of the things under there.

Oh well. Cleaning the garage is how I spent my Sunday afternoon.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is one of the first weekends that I have not done any shooting in a long time. I wussed out on Friday because of the rain and while not shooting on a Friday happens from time to time, it's always because I'll be shooting later in the weekend. I'm suffering some withdrawal pains right now. I want to get the SP01 checked out for carry and am close, but need to run some SD ammo through the puppy. I'm a little concerned about the weight but have decided that if there's too much weight on one side, I'll just have to buy a second and carry two of the things. :):

I hate a dirty garage! Yet, I live with a dirty garage through most of the winter. I spent the greater part of the day today cleaning and tossing crap. I really wish there was a goodwill of car parts I could send some stuff to, but there isn't and into the trash some leftover bits from projects went. I'm a recovering pack rat and am amazed at some of the crap I've kept for the dumbest reasons. When I swapped a manual transmission into a BMW 5 series wagon, the rear transmission mount was cracked, so I ordered one from Germany. It cost all of $26 at the dealer and I should have tossed the old one and been done with the saga. But, I told myself that it might be fun to try to weld up the old one for some reason and under the workbench it went. I think that I have brake rotors from the last dozen or so brake jobs under there as well. I told myself that old brake rotors could be handy for something someday. A normal person would have kept one or two, but I kept an easy 16 to 24 of the things under there.

Oh well. Cleaning the garage is how I spent my Sunday afternoon.

Not a bad way to spend a day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up a new water heater for the rental. Swapped out the 16 year old unit that was filling with calcium. Success.
    Adjusted the steering box play in the boy's 96 Impala S/S. Success.
    Cut down the huge patch of ornamental grass in front of the house (dead from last year) so the new can grow. Success.
    Helped the spouse with her crafting projects. Success and happy spouse....:cool:
    Got into the spare parts and dug out some cool pieces for Rusty's 5".....Success questionable. It is Rusty after all.
    Cleaned up the gun bench. Success.

Pretty good day.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got into the spare parts and dug out some cool pieces for Rusty's 5".....Success questionable. It is Rusty after all.
    :laugh:

It it should be fun. The slide and frames on these are forged, no MIM either. Good quality steel. Yes it is loose as expected, at some point I'd like to correct that. Little bit at a time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up a new water heater for the rental. Swapped out the 16 year old unit that was filling with calcium. Success.
    Adjusted the steering box play in the boy's 96 Impala S/S. Success.
    Cut down the huge patch of ornamental grass in front of the house (dead from last year) so the new can grow. Success.
    Helped the spouse with her crafting projects. Success and happy spouse....:cool:
    Cleaned up the gun bench. Success.

Pretty good day.

I forgot to mention I put in some time on the Olds engine and the 1903 colt hammerless.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey CM, if you are becoming a 1903 guru as well, let me know. I have a 1903 that needs a new firing pin. I have the pin, but have had zero success in pulling the cross pin from the slide. It's in there tighter than a dime in my grandmother's wallet.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On mine, the cross pin will not budge a bit. I've tried soaking it in Kroil for a while (weeks) with no luck. I have a replacement that came with the new firing pin, but am still reluctant to get too wild with beating it out of there. I need to try a bit of heat next I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On mine, the cross pin will not budge a bit. I've tried soaking it in Kroil for a while (weeks) with no luck. I have a replacement that came with the new firing pin, but am still reluctant to get too wild with beating it out of there. I need to try a bit of heat next I guess.

Let me play with these 1st OK. There are 2 of them and they are identical. One has a seriously cracked slide in the internals are in very poor shape.

When I next post up at the bench I will get into pulling the pin. If it is a tough one I can do some mad science on it with no worries as the slide is effectively junk.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Does it have a decent barrel? Mine is bulged part way down and I've been holding off on ordering a new one until I can replace the firing pin.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does it have a decent barrel? Mine is bulged part way down and I've been holding off on ordering a new one until I can replace the firing pin.

I have not payed much attention once I found the crack and the internals condition. Does yours have the barrel bushing or is it another iteration.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee:
    Good morning gentlemen.

I had a fulfilling day yesterday. Got 90% of our spring cleaning done at the house. Today would be a good day for relaxing at home on the couch.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Good morning. Today is not starting out too well. I was trying to get a bid in on a pre-B on GB that I was going to gift to a friend. I kept bidding and bidding and no luck. I stopped when I hit $650 and didn't have the bid. :ugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom