The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There isn't much room to maneuver on those slides. The Wizard was telling me yesterday that it is very thin at the front sight.

Yup. One must have skills.

I have access to my old lathe and am part owner in a really decent mill. The lathe is not a big one by any measure and has it's limits.
    The Mill does not have automation. It is straight up skills.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yup. One must have skills.

I have access to my old lathe and am part owner in a really decent mill. The lathe is not a big one by any measure and has it's limits.
    The Mill does not have automation. It is straight up skills.
    I'd be happy to invest in an A model if you want to give it a shot.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Good morning. Today is not starting out too well. I was trying to get a bid in on a pre-B on GB that I was going to gift to a friend. I kept bidding and bidding and no luck. I stopped when I hit $650 and didn't have the bid. :ugh:

It is hit or miss. I picked up a '91 pre B last week for $430. A couple of weeks before that a pre B '86 went for under $400. Right now there seem to be two or three frustrated bidders who got squeezed out of earlier auctions and now want a pre B CZ, come what may...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Good morning. Today is not starting out too well. I was trying to get a bid in on a pre-B on GB that I was going to gift to a friend. I kept bidding and bidding and no luck. I stopped when I hit $650 and didn't have the bid. :ugh:

I've got to think that they are bringing these into the country for under $250 each. That's a hefty profit on one of those. I think we need some to make a deal with the next country to trade their old CZs in and pick up a container load of them.

BA, I know you're not a fan of the "A" model 75, but I've had serious thoughts about picking this one up and doing a SAO trigger on it. Already had a catchy name picked out for it, "Straight A".

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/634395351

I had a fully Cajunized A model with a 5SAO trigger with me when we shot together the last time. It's one of my favorite shooters, but BA is right. It's difficult to do something with the sights on those. My son's is still missing the front sight on his and I need to figure out what we are going to replace it with. On the later ones, they added a rib along the top of the slide that gives more metal to mount a sight in. As the Wizard says, there's not much to work with on the A models. Plus, the barrel bushing is retained by the front sight staked pin on the A models, so any sight work will need to also have a means of retaining the bushing.

I've just learned to like the sights on mine. Oh, also, that '87 is a year older than my '88, so it probably has the early rear sight cut as well. We have a '89 and a '92 (IIRC) also and those have the later style rear sight cuts. The early one is not much different, but it is different.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It is hit or miss. I picked up a '91 pre B last week for $430. A couple of weeks before that a pre B '86 went for under $400. Right now there seem to be two or three frustrated bidders who got squeezed out of earlier auctions and now want a pre B CZ, come what may...

The difference is the transitionals. A regular A model won't go nearly as high.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If someone could come up with a good sight solution for the 'A' models, they might become a lot more popular than they are today too. It would have to be a solution that used off the shelf sights, retained the bushing and did not require machine work. Finding that solution is as likely as finding a gun that dropped a $20 in your pocket every time you pulled the trigger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom