Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think that the wire used in the RP spring is a couple of thousandths smaller too. I've never looked at the arm spacing but will check that out too when I get a couple new ones next week.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Quick little in thread survey. Trying to decide on sights for "Shiny", the 75B Polished. Mainly range use in mind, but really doesn't matter necessarily, it's all about which are liked more in general.

TFX Pros

- or -

Red fiber optic front w/blacked out rear

What say you CZ folks?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Given those choices, I'd choose the TFX Pros. If this would be a range only gun for you, then the FO with blacked out rear might work, but I still prefer the TFXs.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I think that the wire used in the RP spring is a couple of thousandths smaller too. I've never looked at the arm spacing but will check that out too when I get a couple new ones next week.

I just compared the springs and the stock is .0355 vs CGW at .0315 Some of the old springs I have the arms were the same distance apart, some were farther, some closer . I would say the CGW springs are more consistent in quality and the smaller diameter makes them the reduced power lighter. Because of this I can not accept the Chocolate chip cookie:ugh:

Last edited:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Quick little in thread survey. Trying to decide on sights for "Shiny", the 75B Polished. Mainly range use in mind, but really doesn't matter necessarily, it's all about which are liked more in general.

TFX Pros

- or -

What say you CZ folks?

I would say the TFX Pro's. I did not like them at first put have started getting used to them since BA uses them on most of his CZ's.
    The EZD fiber optic from CGW I do not like the deeper and wider rear notch.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My favorite sight for a long time was a red fiber front and black rear. That was until I shot with some TFX Pros. That orange dot for me serves the same purpose as a red fiber. Overall I think they are easier to see, sometimes a red fiber lacks in certain lighting conditions.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

TFX Pros

- or -

What say you CZ folks?

Does this mean that Henri will have to change hers also?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just dropped close to $700 in CGW parts for 4 pistols. The 40P gets a new sear and sear lever, the P07 gets night sights, the new compact .40 gets an SRS, RP trigger spring and Meeps and the SP01C get an SRS, RRK, Ring hammer, Meeps, RP trigger spring and trigger pin. This keeps the 40P at 100% Cajunized, brings the P07 up to complete status, brings the SP01C up to competed status and moves the new .40 compact to about the 60% point. I can't wait to get started and will probably begin working on the SP01C tomorrow. Fun stuff.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just dropped close to $700 in CGW parts for 4 pistols. The 40P gets a new sear and sear lever, the P07 gets night sights, the new compact .40 gets an SRS, RP trigger spring and Meeps and the SP01C get an SRS, RRK, Ring hammer, Meeps, RP trigger spring and trigger pin. This keeps the 40P at 100% Cajunized, brings the P07 up to complete status, brings the SP01C up to competed status and moves the new .40 compact to about the 60% point. I can't wait to get started and will probably begin working on the SP01C tomorrow. Fun stuff.
    So much for Fiat parts. :lmfao:

I was gonna pull the SP01c down tonight and start polishing internals, until I remembered that I don't have a new trigger pin. I will figure out soon how I want to do that one up. She already runs good, but the idea of a race horse is enticing on that platform.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I could have easily spent that much there today, but I'm still recouping from my Holiday shopping spree. To fully cajunize the other 3 guns I would need race hammers and disconnectors. That's almost $400 right there. I'm also really liking these triggers with the overtravel adjustment, which I have two that currently are rocking the 97 style thick trigger, because at the time those triggers were only like $22 each and were an improvement over the stock black re-curve trigger. So to do triggers I would add another $70-$84. I'm also interested in doing the upgraded barrel bushings on three guns, there goes another $180. :faint:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Doing the upgrades incrementally drives me nuts. I can't do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom