• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm looking forward to getting into the guts of more CZs soon. I ordered some more CGW parts and really looking forward to this. It's one of the things I've been wanting to do is get to know the innards of my guns on a more personal level.
    That sounds naughty. Care if I watch? You won't even know I'm there.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    It wasn't that long ago that no one was talking about CZs.
    Yea it has been about two years ago when I started asking you all kinds of questions about the CZs, and you told me you had a friend that worked on the triggers etc. I pictured Losey living way back in the woods, was for sure he was a scary dude!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:And then started talking with CM and had to have a 1911 and knew he to was a scary dude.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Good folks on here!psyko

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I need to get better at organizing my spare parts. Did some clean up today and discovered three RP-TRS still in the bags. I know one of them is still a CGW part and the other two are OEM units... But which is which?:ugh:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder how the Indiana area compares to the rest of the country in terms of Czickness. I know that there's a growing love of the things out there, but I wonder how many areas have a group of Czickoos that keep egging each other on to by yet another CZ.

Oh, I got the lug bolt off by putting everything back together, torquing the wheels properly and taking it out for a ride. I figured that I needed to heat up the hub and the easiest way to do that was to do a bit of hard braking. Worked like a champ. The rest of the brake job went off without an issue. This was the first time I had to deal with an electronic parking brake but that was actually easier to work with than the old types on the Fiats. I don't tolerate impact gun abuse well. I was taught that an impact gun is for removing stuff and a torque wrench was used to install stuff. Using an impact gun to install a bolt makes about as much sense as using an expensive torque wrench as a breaker bar.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think I'll go with the Pro kit for the SP01C and will do the SP01C/40 a part at a time. I just keep thinking about how sweet Tom's compact was to shoot and would like the new gun to approach that level of sweetness.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Isn't it funny how when you say that the wizard used 'secret sauce' on a handgun, we think 'Cool'. Now, if you said Rusty put some 'Secret Sauce' on a gun, you'd want to wear gloves when shooting it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I believe the Wizard used some extra magic on that compact ;)

There's something about that gun that feels completely different than my steel compact. I love that compact, and it's got the full Pro kit in it, but it does not feel like yours does. I might have to order a SAO trigger and do some additional polishing to see if I can get it close. What sights are you running again?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom