• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If I may, I'd like to interrupt for a second with a CZ question. It's been a couple of years since I had my PCR, but I never had any problems with it.

A good friend of mine bought an SP01 last year and put it in his safe unfired. The other day he pulls it out to dry fire it thinking he might start shooting it. First pull the trigger spring breaks. So he calls CZ and they send him 2 each trigger spring and trigger pin. The customer service rep told him they are bad to break trigger pins and slide stops.

Anyone else run into any of these problems? It isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

So an update on this: my friend got the new parts in from CGW and got them installed. Then a piece of the decocking lever itself sheared off. I'm thinking he got ahold of a real lemon.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So I'm heavily medicated, sitting here veging in front of the TV and dry firing the crap out of the Massada. This gun has almost no takeup in single and the double is coming along nicely. I think this one has great potential. Man, I love these things. ;)
    Well that sounds like fun. I'm gonna take advantage of this nice weather here in a little bit and go for a little walk with my buddies GF and my little niece. Her maternity leave ends here in a couple weeks. The little one that was born two months early is doing fantastic!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Nice groups. Especially when you consider it's a new gun you are unfamiliar with. The only thing I can guarantee is that it will get better.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So an update on this: my friend got the new parts in from CGW and got them installed. Then a piece of the decocking lever itself sheared off. I'm thinking he got ahold of a real lemon.
    I've read a lot about these problems. I guess I'm lucky. I have never experienced any of these things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Put 40 rounds through the P09. Top two groups were relatively slow fire from 7 yds, first shot DA, the rest SA. The bottom group was 10 yds, still relatively slow fire. I like the gun so far and both DA and SA are smooth. Not having shot a DA/SA gun since 2002 is going to take a little practice before I'm comfortable again.

Sweet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The next two to get the bushing and sight treatment are the blue 85 and the Phantom. Both have really great triggers. I am really looking forward to having them done.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I didn't have surgery coming up and knowing I would be missing work I would seriously consider getting a second Phantom. They are really an outstanding platform.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Soulless plastic junk! ;)

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've shot a Phantom yet. We'll have to change that, if you don't mind.
    Anytime. Well, after the drugs wear off. ;)

The great thing about the Phantom is that if feels and handles like a steel SP01, just without the weight (if that makes sense). It's the only polymer gun I've ever had that didn't feel like a polymer gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom