Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sitting here playing with play-doh, making cookies all while singing songs from Frozen. If you'd have told me 3 years ago that this would be a good night for me there's no way I'd believe you but now it's hard to beat!

Like Barry says, enjoy it and appreciate it while it's happening. Before you know it, they'll be in high school and this will all be just memories. The best thing we can do for ourselves sometimes is just to stop thinking the million thoughts we have running through out minds all of the time and just absorb the moment we are in. Time flies.

I am in an exceptionally good mood this evening. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that all the work I did tonight turned out awesome and everything went smoothly. Or it could be the thought of all the great friends I've come to know in here. Although I have not met some of you in person, I am really looking forward to that day, hopefully soon.

I want to thank you all for your friendship and for putting up with all my antics. I promise I'm really not as weird as I seem and I may surprise some with how quiet I actually am in person. All that said, happy 13,000 to me. :)

Congrats on 13K Rusty! I'm sure your're over 50 quality posts in there somewhere :cheers:

CZs bring people together. I've made friends in this thread that I'd spend my last dollar to help if needed.

Waiting on my first CZ and it's delayed in shipment.....this is bad...

The obvious solution is to go to the nearest CZ carrying LGS and buy one to have while the other gets delivered.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are the best. My kiddos are 2-1/2 and 15 months. With two so close it can be rough at times but the good definitely outweighs the bad, by a LONG shot!

A set of 4 year old twin G-daughters...see avatar.
    Their 10 year old sister.
    They live next door and are a huge part of our daily lives. And life is so good with them in it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Today was one of those great CZ days that happen from time to time. It was a day of falling in love all over again. I have quite a few CZs. They are all pretty good, I think, by anyone's estimation. If I laid them all out there are several that people are naturally drawn to. The satin nickel compact is a beautiful gun, the 85 in it's rich, midnight blue. The Ghost in gunmetal grey and the Green Machine in subtle midnight green. There are several others in different variations. Those are all fine guns and no one who picked one up, because of how it looked, would be disappointed in how it shot. But I have one that people don't notice. She is the plain Jane. Just a run of the mill CZ 75B in pedestrian black CZ polycoat. This gun has been around here for years. I can't even remember exactly how or when I got it. I can't remember if it was brand new or just like new. Either way it had very few rounds through it. It was the second gun that the Wizard ever did the CZ upgrades on and is affectionately known as #2 around here. Lots of guns have come and gone since I acquired it and the Wizard and I have traded it back and forth probably a half dozen times. Years ago he told me that it should never get away from us. He doesn't say that very often and, I admit, I really didn't see anything about this particular gun to set it apart from the others. But he did and he was, of course, absolutely correct. Being one of the few constants in an ever changing inventory means this one always seemed to be along for the ride. It's had thousands and thousands of rounds through it, either with him or me. It just kept getting better but it really went more or less unnoticed among the others. It was always a good if unspectacular gun. I guess it's just hard to love something with so little personality. It has none of the character of the Beast who you can take one look at and wish it could tell its tale. It has none of the quirkyness of the TnT or the Wizard's new barrel gun. It's just been a constant for many years. Tonight I got it back. It had been in the shop to get a new accurized bushing and TFX Pro sights. This is an upgrade that I am systematically applying to all of them. These are upgrades that I have seen the benefits of and I've decided to make the investment so that all of the better guns in the group have them. Well, I hadn't shot her in a while and it was like coming home after a long trip. Admittedly, this gun has always been in the top group as far as trigger and accuracy. Never the #1 but always in the conversation. But, I admit that her lack of personality probably kept me from appreciating her to the level that she deserved. I think we all appreciate that a Cajunized CZ will have a remarkable single action trigger. In fact they are so consistently great as to be unremarkable in a group. You pick up one of my CZs and if, like most people, you seat the magazine, rack the slide, and empty the gun in SA. They are all about the same. They are excellent for sure but, in a group, unremarkable. The beauty of the CZ and what separates the wheat from the chaff is the double action. The beauty of the double action pull on a seasoned CZ is that it just keeps getting better and better. Even for me, having only one type of gun and many varieties of the same, it sometimes surprises me. Every CZ I have is travelling along the same path. They are all in different places depending mostly on round count and where they happen to have hit on the lottery that is tolerances on any mass produced machine. The double action on this particular gun is difficult for me to describe. I can give you the number that most folks hang their hats on. It gauges out at 5lbs 4oz. Yes, that's the double action. The single is a crisp 2lbs 8oz. of everyday, nothing to see here, CZ awesomeness. But, that double action. Most folks around here know that I am no great shakes with a handgun. I love them and love to shoot them but I am not a good shooter. This gun just makes it so easy. Filling up one of our little hand drawn target circles at seven yards, even in all DA, was really effortless. The pull is so smooth the gun doesn't move at all. It's just a beautiful thing when a gun that you think has reached its apex as far as trigger and accuracy moves past that and ascends to another level. The only word I can think of that adequately describes the feeling and this trigger is exquisite. I know the Wizard knows what I'm talking about. He has been along for this ride and is the main reason we can get so much out of these guns. CM has been on this journey with his 97. He has seen these incremental improvements and then, one day, WOW!. So, for those beginning the journey with a Cajunized CZ I say, just shoot it. Keep shooting it. Just pour the rounds through it. It will just keep getting better and better. Even when you are sure it has topped out, just keep shooting it. The payoff is indescribable.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I am in an exceptionally good mood this evening. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that all the work I did tonight turned out awesome and everything went smoothly. Or it could be the thought of all the great friends I've come to know in here. Although I have not met some of you in person, I am really looking forward to that day, hopefully soon.

I want to thank you all for your friendship and for putting up with all my antics. I promise I'm really not as weird as I seem and I may surprise some with how quiet I actually am in person. All that said, happy 13,000 to me. :)

Happy 13k Rusty! :yesway:

Morning BA and Patience :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Just when I think I'm getting the Czickness under control, BA has to go and fire the fever back up again. I suddenly feel the need to finish Cajunization of the stainless 75B. In fact, after the problem .40 Compact cleaned up so nicely with the internal blued polish job, I'm thinking I need to go back over all of the guns and polish to that level. The bar is ever higher in this group and BA just gave us a picture of what it's like to achieve the end goal with these pistols.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom