• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Good morning to all of you... I got my labs back from my doctors visit, everything looks good. The bad part is I married to a nurse and she wants me to have a colonoscopy and a sleep study.

Glad to hear that Chris. The worst part about a colonoscopy is in your mind. The process sucks, but it's mostly getting your head around what tool they are using and where they are putting it.

Sleep studies are anything but...

The worst part is the night before. Might as well put a TV in the bathroom. I recall when I got one and the nurse who checked my blood pressure said it was high. I said why wouldn't it be? I am about to have a camera shoved up my ass.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Below are the two things I'd swap out right away:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/

Id also get this, makes it easier to take out and put in the trigger:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/tr-pin-cgws-exclusive-floating-trigger-pin/

Might as well get a few of these, they tend to get lost if you take the seat cage apart:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/15-lifter-spring/
    Very good young grasshopper, you learn quick. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I saw an interesting tidbit over on the CZ forum this morning regarding the SP01C. CZ said that they made a change to the Shadow 2 to reduce felt recoil by making the top of the frame heavier. It looks like the heavier area at the top of the frame on the SP01C is for recoil reduction. I had thought that it was just a holdover from the P01.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Shot the CZ-75 Omega in 2 matches this week

I was very accurate and the gun felt almost like a .22 with a nice high tang grip and shooting tulammo.

But the only problem was with a proper thumbs forward grip with my big polak meat hooks, the first joint of my thumb rested right on the end of the saftey lever, and with a rapid fire string it would bump it just enough to barely actuate the safety halfway so I would get occasional failures to go into battery and/or dead triggers but still left the slide free.

During the last stage of the weekend I figured out what it was and I switched to putting my thumb on top of the safety and I put 80 rounds through the gun after the match and it ran flawlessly, from some random Sig V-crown hollow points to S&B ball to some loose tul ammo that was rattling around in the bottom of my range bag

I also finally got a blade tech belt holster in and that combined with about 300 reps of drawing and dry firing I have gotten my draw times under 1.5 seconds from the beep of the shot timer to breaking that first double action, which is an improvement over the 2-2.5 I had with a old m12 US Military universal holster

From what I have seen, its not the draw that is exactly so hard, but rather its just reacting to the shot timer and getting and keeping a good sight picture as you go through the double action pull. If I am going single action the time to break the shot goes down to about 1.30.

Also I have been doing alot of dry fire just staring like a zen monk at that front sight and also practicing keeping the trigger pressed for a good follow through. I have been working my dry fire at small things like a light switch across my living room and when in real competition hitting the A zone of a Target is not difficult at all at the close to intermediate distances (3-12 yards)

Also here is a free and interesting accuracy test drill

Im sure pretty much everyone gets junk mail and coupons in the mail. What I have done is say take some expired Coupons from Burger King or Advertisements with the little square boxes like say from Kroger and at about 5 yards tried to shoot a 3 round group on the little picture in the boxes which is about 1 inch or so. I try to keep my groups touching and its a free simple target that you only have to put out ounce but can get alot of use out of.

IDK as a college student I have to be a bit creative with my training as I can't always blow alot of money on targets and ammo

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I hope to be able to do some competition shooting sometime soon.

Working on getting project "HEMI" re done tonight. Hoping it will be the last time. Sure wish there was a way to spray a primer before Cerakote.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Shot the CZ-75 Omega in 2 matches this week

I was very accurate and the gun felt almost like a .22 with a nice high tang grip and shooting tulammo.

But the only problem was with a proper thumbs forward grip with my big polak meat hooks, the first joint of my thumb rested right on the end of the saftey lever, and with a rapid fire string it would bump it just enough to barely actuate the safety halfway so I would get occasional failures to go into battery and/or dead triggers but still left the slide free.

During the last stage of the weekend I figured out what it was and I switched to putting my thumb on top of the safety and I put 80 rounds through the gun after the match and it ran flawlessly, from some random Sig V-crown hollow points to S&B ball to some loose tul ammo that was rattling around in the bottom of my range bag

I also finally got a blade tech belt holster in and that combined with about 300 reps of drawing and dry firing I have gotten my draw times under 1.5 seconds from the beep of the shot timer to breaking that first double action, which is an improvement over the 2-2.5 I had with a old m12 US Military universal holster

From what I have seen, its not the draw that is exactly so hard, but rather its just reacting to the shot timer and getting and keeping a good sight picture as you go through the double action pull. If I am going single action the time to break the shot goes down to about 1.30.

Also I have been doing alot of dry fire just staring like a zen monk at that front sight and also practicing keeping the trigger pressed for a good follow through. I have been working my dry fire at small things like a light switch across my living room and when in real competition hitting the A zone of a Target is not difficult at all at the close to intermediate distances (3-12 yards)

Also here is a free and interesting accuracy test drill

Im sure pretty much everyone gets junk mail and coupons in the mail. What I have done is say take some expired Coupons from Burger King or Advertisements with the little square boxes like say from Kroger and at about 5 yards tried to shoot a 3 round group on the little picture in the boxes which is about 1 inch or so. I try to keep my groups touching and its a free simple target that you only have to put out ounce but can get alot of use out of.

IDK as a college student I have to be a bit creative with my training as I can't always blow alot of money on targets and ammo

I do the same drills with the little target in the upper right on Silhouettes. I is tougher than one might think.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I officially have all things ordered that are needed for my "better" rifle build that is replacing the previous Palmetto setup. A BCM cold hammer forged 16" free float complete upper, BCM stock kit, and ALG lower parts kit w/ ACT trigger. All this will go with the Spikes punisher lower I already have. Later on this year the next build will be using the INGO lower that is now "naked" again. Planning on making that a 20" rifle with a fixed A2 stock in tribute to young Rusty.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Did someone say naked?

I am a big fan of all things 20" A2 style AR. I am looking forward to building this next one to replace the current ARs, I will miss having a pistol around, but it will have to wait. I am hoping to be able to run this next one at the Revere's Riders in May. Will be really sweet once DOGG gets his built, then there will be two consecutive INGO lower'd 20" A2 ARs in the family. Maybe I will get some A1 furniture for mine to swap out for a different look this time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No. I didn't get as far as I wanted on it though. Got side tracked by "another" project. Just trying to run away from the voices.

I gave up trying to run from the voices long ago. I found that when I enthusiastically engaged them, they got bored and left. Oh, wait. Nevermind, I was thinking of liberal family members. The voices in my head are still there and guiding my gun buying habits on a daily basis.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I gave up trying to run from the voices long ago. I found that when I enthusiastically engaged them, they got bored and left. Oh, wait. Nevermind, I was thinking of liberal family members. The voices in my head are still there and guiding my gun buying habits on a daily basis.
    I engage the voices all the time. I think they are getting me in trouble though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom