Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Moderation is the key.
    I've been careful. Only one sugary drink a day and that's a Brisk, but I've just felt awful for the last few months. Ran out of Brisk the other day and while I don't really miss or crave it, I think that's why I've been having annoying little headaches. I used to be addicted to the Dew, had really bad migraines when I got off that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've struggled with the vehicle issue too. Fortunately, I got into guns instead. If you think buying a surplus CZ 75 and restoring it is expensive, look at the cost of restoring an old car. At least with a gun, you can put it in a case, ignore it for a year or two and then get it back out and run it again just with no issues. Vehicles need constant care and when you get a bunch of older ones, it can become an all consuming task keeping them all clean, fueled, batteries charged and ready to go when you want.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My vehicle situation is complicated. I have my hand in too many cookie jars. Looking at ridding myself of one of them and getting something very similar to the one I currently drive only with less than half the miles. But I don't want to get rid of the current daily because I have so little money in it. Would be nice to have something with lower miles for road trips, which I seem to be doing more and more here recently. The current s10 has 245,000 miles, runs and drives perfect, but would like to dedicate it to local use only in favor of another one with 93,000 miles to use for everything else. Somehow I will talk myself into this, I'm almost there.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yea, at 245k I'd be worried about longer trips. My last truck lasted me a long time but the breaks completely gave out at 260k. It just wasn't worth it to have them fixed with that many miles. Anyway, when I would take a long trip (FL to IN or FL to NC) I would just rent a car vs. take the old girl.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea, at 245k I'd be worried about longer trips. My last truck lasted me a long time but the breaks completely gave out at 260k. It just wasn't worth it to have them fixed with that many miles. Anyway, when I would take a long trip (FL to IN or FL to NC) I would just rent a car vs. take the old girl.

I hope to get that many miles out of my 04 GMC. I am at 128K
    Right now..she is getting beat up.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Higher mileage doesn't really concern me with modern engines, it's the transmissions that don't seem to hold up. The electronics tend to worry me as well. My current s10 I expect the engine will last till about 300,000 or so, it's everything else around it that worries me over the road. I've found that size of vehicle just really works well for me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If I may, I'd like to interrupt for a second with a CZ question. It's been a couple of years since I had my PCR, but I never had any problems with it.

A good friend of mine bought an SP01 last year and put it in his safe unfired. The other day he pulls it out to dry fire it thinking he might start shooting it. First pull the trigger spring breaks. So he calls CZ and they send him 2 each trigger spring and trigger pin. The customer service rep told him they are bad to break trigger pins and slide stops.

Anyone else run into any of these problems? It isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    My first car was an s10. Good car, but had a lot of miles on it when I got it. Next was an f150 with the little half doors in the back. Had 160k on it when I got it and lasted another 100k for me. Got my current truck in 2013. It's a 4 door f150. Only has 95k miles on it but so far it's been a champ. I'd like to get AT LEAST 10 years out of it. At my current rate of driving that will put me at about 240k miles. I'd like to get a couple of extra years out of it but I'll be ok with 10.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    If I may, I'd like to interrupt for a second with a CZ question. It's been a couple of years since I had my PCR, but I never had any problems with it.

A good friend of mine bought an SP01 last year and put it in his safe unfired. The other day he pulls it out to dry fire it thinking he might start shooting it. First pull the trigger spring breaks. So he calls CZ and they send him 2 each trigger spring and trigger pin. The customer service rep told him they are bad to break trigger pins and slide stops.

Anyone else run into any of these problems? It isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

The factory trigger springs are known to be a little lacking. CGW sells one made of music wire that is a little lighter spring and supposedly lasts longer. My OEM spring broke after about 18,500 trigger pulls, so I guess I just got lucky because I couldn't fault any spring for breaking after being used that many times.

I think it is a good practice to swap out the trigger spring and firing pin retaining pin with the CGW upgrades right away when buying a new CZ. They cost less than $10 together and are definitely improvements. Order extras, they will need replacing at some point.

Last edited:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Below are the two things I'd swap out right away:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/

Id also get this, makes it easier to take out and put in the trigger:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/tr-pin-cgws-exclusive-floating-trigger-pin/

Might as well get a few of these, they tend to get lost if you take the seat cage apart:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/15-lifter-spring/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom