88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Hey CM, let me know if you need people to man the 1500. No matter the day, I'm sure I could make it work with the schedule.

Too bad I'm not in the buying mode. I could have done some damage today. ;)

Just say no, m'kay.

The drugs are changing you man. Who knew that self restraint could be found in a pill. It's normally the other way around.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Actually I've been on a consolidation kick for a while. Any money I spend for the foreseeable future will be on upgrades instead of new guns. I am sure that will change at some point but I like this plan for now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got a shipping notice from CZ Custom. I have a dozen extra power mag springs enroute for the .40s along with a extended safety for the SP01C. The goal is to start carrying that one cocked and locked with the SP01C and that thin little safety just does not inspire confidence in my ability to flick it off.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My overall goal is to remove the mediocre guns from the collection and push the level up to the point where any single one of them would be a joy to take shooting. That will force the number in the family down as it generally takes selling two or three mediocre guns to fund one nice one. The guns that need to move on are a P22, Firestorm 22, the G30 and probably the R1S. That one is a bit difficult for me since I love shooting that gun. It could be a great project gun but the slide/frame fit is on the loose side.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Actually I've been on a consolidation kick for a while. Any money I spend for the foreseeable future will be on upgrades instead of new guns. I am sure that will change at some point but I like this plan for now.
    This is where I'm at. Nothing new till I get all the current ones where I've wanted them for a few years.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The SP01C in 9mm is north of 350 rounds without an issue at all. That one is good to go, but the SP01c/40 will take a bit of time. I did not feel good about the 40P until I passed 250 perfect rounds shot in a variety of ways. Fast, slow, full mag, on the draw and what ever else I was in the mood to do. The first outing with the SP01c/40 was bad enough that it will take a while to earn my trust. I'm thinking that it's going to take at least 300 rounds without an issue before I'm convinced that there are no more issues with the gun. The P07/40 seems to be past its issues but it still needs some ammo run through it before I'm completely convinced that it's good to go. I wish I knew why the 9mm are perfect in reliability with the CZs and the .40s seem to struggle sometimes.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Good morning to all of you... I got my labs back from my doctors visit, everything looks good. The bad part is I married to a nurse and she wants me to have a colonoscopy and a sleep study.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning to all of you... I got my labs back from my doctors visit, everything looks good. The bad part is I married to a nurse and she wants me to have a colonoscopy and a sleep study.

Glad to hear that Chris. The worst part about a colonoscopy is in your mind. The process sucks, but it's mostly getting your head around what tool they are using and where they are putting it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Gotta get the preventative maintenance done on yourself too... I thought I was gonna have to get one here recently. Still may if my issues pop up again... Hence the trying to get healthy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The SP01C in 9mm is north of 350 rounds without an issue at all. That one is good to go, but the SP01c/40 will take a bit of time. I did not feel good about the 40P until I passed 250 perfect rounds shot in a variety of ways. Fast, slow, full mag, on the draw and what ever else I was in the mood to do. The first outing with the SP01c/40 was bad enough that it will take a while to earn my trust. I'm thinking that it's going to take at least 300 rounds without an issue before I'm convinced that there are no more issues with the gun. The P07/40 seems to be past its issues but it still needs some ammo run through it before I'm completely convinced that it's good to go. I wish I knew why the 9mm are perfect in reliability with the CZs and the .40s seem to struggle sometimes.
    Yeah, I think with the fotays it's probably the stock mag springs and recoil springs aren't up to the task. That's really just a guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom