• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning all. Sure wish I could sleep in a little...

Mouse, I'd just pull that 97 down. It's easy peasy. Not quite as easy as a 1911, but after a couple times nothin to it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning all. Sure wish I could sleep in a little...

Mouse, I'd just pull that 97 down. It's easy peasy. Not quite as easy as a 1911, but after a couple times nothin to it.

Yeah I have had a few apart. Not something I want to do just to clean but It looks like that is the only way.
    I spent 2 solid hours on the tear down/detail clean/inspect on my 2011 yesterday. Damn that thing is a piece of engineering.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah I have had a few apart. Not something I want to do just to clean but It looks like that is the only way.
    I spent 2 solid hours on the tear down/detail clean/inspect on my 2011 yesterday. Damn that thing is a piece of engineering.
    I had my RAMI all the way down last night. Sear cage and all. Got her all polished up inside. I noticed a little bit of improvement, but she was already pretty well shot in. I expect it to get even better with some range time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had my RAMI all the way down last night. Sear cage and all. Got her all polished up inside. I noticed a little bit of improvement, but she was already pretty well shot in. I expect it to get even better with some range time.

I let the 97 get way to dirty. I have lost track of round counts this summer. Just to ****ing busy and I am tired.
    That said I spent a lot of time inside it picking and cleaning. It still needs some more love.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I let the 97 get way to dirty. I have lost track of round counts this summer. Just to ****ing busy and I am tired.
    That said I spent a lot of time inside it picking and cleaning. It still needs some more love.
    DOGG uses Seafoam Deep Creep. Let it soak a little bit and blow it out with air. I have yet to try it and not sure what it will do to Cerakote. I've never shot of one my guns enough to warrent that amount of cleaning.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    DOGG uses Seafoam Deep Creep. Let it soak a little bit and blow it out with air. I have yet to try it and not sure what it will do to Cerakote. I've never shot of one my guns enough to warrent that amount of cleaning.

The Ceracoat issue is my concern.
    Brake clean and an air hose usually gets the job done but I sure do not want to mess up the finish on that piece.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Looking at new spring kits for the Remington Rand. Just want to give it an "oil change".

Standard 18 lb. recoil spring and firing pin set. 3 finger and hammer springs are a standard set as well. The main or 3 finger might require adj.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom