• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Yes and with luck you can still find a decent one. With some luck.

I own two and have had pretty good luck so far. The full size did require a trip back to the factory but has been perfect since then. Should I have purchased something different, perhaps? Didn't know any better at the time but am reasonably happy. Obviously each person's experience may be different. I recall you mentioning personal issues with Kimber so I can understand your thoughts and opinions. Plus, you apparently know your way around a 1911 (word on the street).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just not into taking a risk on a gun that is that expensive. Maybe if there was a model unlike any other on the market that I had to have, but I don't see that happening.

The metallurgy has changed from the original offerings.
    Kimber still makes a handsome gun. Just the internals/fit and finish are questionable at the price point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I own two and have had pretty good luck so far. The full size did require a trip back to the factory but has been perfect since then. Should I have purchased something different, perhaps? Didn't know any better at the time but am reasonably happy. Obviously each person's experience may be different. I recall you mentioning personal issues with Kimber so I can understand your thoughts and opinions. Plus, you apparently know your way around a 1911 (word on the street).

Having owned and fondled the originals I tend to see what Kimber has done in the name of Profit. Having owned 3 of the new ones I stand firm in my opinion.
    No knock on current owners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And if memory serves yours was pretty well fit up.....:)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is a hobby for me. I do not care what I spend to get something where I want it. Had I taken T-DOGG up on his offer of buying Scarface, I would have had $500 in it and not batted an eye...

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    The metallurgy has changed from the original offerings.
    Kimber still makes a handsome gun. Just the internals/fit and finish are questionable at the price point.

I agree. Paying extra for the marketing department. Better options exist at the price point. It is for sure a mass produced firearm with the issues that can be inherent in such a thing.

My super carry ultra HD is pretty sexy though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom