88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    under-gunned???? Birds is never under-gunned :bow:
    You have to remember what BA was used to shooting while in the Navy.

I find myself having the desire to buy a new CZ, but I don't know which one. I am waiting to see what Rusty's surplus gun is like, but there may not be any available if I wait too long. A surplus compact could make a really fun project gun, but an all steel 75B in .40 would be cool too. I really should focus on bringing my pre-B up to spec though. Decisions, decisions...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Morning everyone! :coffee:

I put the new set of grips on the CZ Compact last night and installed the new hammer/sear kit. What an amazing little gun those compacts can be with a bit of tuning. I went with the green grips and like the results. I just need to get her out to the range for a function test and she'll be done.

Reminds me of mine. A little more wear at the end of the slide and frame, and a bit less on the slide release and decocker (my compact was not a safety model).

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I find myself having the desire to buy a new CZ, but I don't know which one. I am waiting to see what Rusty's surplus gun is like, but there may not be any available if I wait too long. A surplus compact could make a really fun project gun, but an all steel 75B in .40 would be cool too. I really should focus on bringing my pre-B up to spec though. Decisions, decisions...
    The 75B is .40 has become one of my favorites. It is the best shooting .40 I have ever experienced. I carried mine all winter.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Buds also has a 75b two tone with satin nickel frame and ring through the lanyard hole... Don't know if they all have the ring, but I was tempted...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The 75B is .40 has become one of my favorites. It is the best shooting .40 I have ever experienced. I carried mine all winter.

Rusty and I talked about this last night. That's the nicest shooting 40 in my opinion. If I ever got back into 40 it would most likely be a 75B.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Love that dark green P01 Tom. The one listed in the classy's was definitely a lighter green.

Tom got his from Kentucky Gun Club when they ran it as an exclusive. I suspect what has happened is others have seen how popular they are and are now finding another source for the green?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Tom got his from Kentucky Gun Club when they ran it as an exclusive. I suspect what has happened is others have seen how popular they are and are now finding another source for the green?

Hmmm, that makes that dark green one they have down at the LGS seem like something I should look more into. It's on the pricey side, compared to the surplus full size guns available, but call it rare and there's a logic gate in my brain that gets tripped. I might have to check on that one again.

Odd thought: I find that I have little problem justifying a $600 pistol that is essentially a duplicate of one I already own, yet yesterday I was downloading a couple of Kindle books and did not purchase the complete set of missing titles because it was $6.98. I think my value system may be off kilter a bit.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, BTW, if any of you want to read a really good set of short books, check out the 'Jayhawk Two One' series by Mike Trout. He says that it's his memiors from when he was a pilot in Vietnam and they run .99 cents each in Kindle form.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Odd thought: I find that I have little problem justifying a $600 pistol that is essentially a duplicate of one I already own, yet yesterday I was downloading a couple of Kindle books and did not purchase the complete set of missing titles because it was $6.98. I think my value system may be off kilter a bit.

No, not odd at all. I have exactly the same mindset. The Westfield guy just put *another* PCR in the classifieds. That gun is on my short list. But it's not really much different than the P-01... decocker, alloy frame, the only thing different is that it doesn't have a rail. Makes absolutely no sense that I want it. But... I still want it.

Also, FWIW, I think the OD P-01 just looks different because of the picture lighting. I strongly suspect it's the same darker OD green that WTB has on his P-01. I really don't think CZ has different colors of OD mixes that they use. But agreed, the one in the classifieds looks like a different shade than Tom's.

Lastly, Tim, I think those black VZ grips you have on your compact would look absolutely killer on an OD P-01. I earlier thought cocobolos would look great, but with the slide release and decocker controls being black, I think black grips would be the way to go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom