Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well was only able to put 50 rounds thru the New P-07.. Not a bad shooter at all... Here is my first 15 rounds...at 15 yards..

Nice shooting! Once I get past 10 yards or so, my groupings spread out a lot. Need to work on that...

Well the expectations were met and then some. The 97 is a much more enjoyable gun to shoot than the P320. So guess what's going up for sale. Yup the Sig will go bye bye. The 97 is the bees knees.

Glad to hear that 97 is so nice :yesway:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Nice shooting! Once I get past 10 yards or so, my groupings spread out a lot. Need to work on that...

Glad to hear that 97 is so nice :yesway:

Thanks WT, I was taking my time as this was the first time shooting it. BTW, the wife picked up two kittens for the outside to keep the mice away...she named them CZ and RAMI...She is definitely a keeper!!!

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Does anybody have any preference with the P-07 Duty or the new P-07? From what I can tell I may want the newer P-07 but didn't know if anybody had any hands on experience that could help.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No, not odd at all. I have exactly the same mindset. The Westfield guy just put *another* PCR in the classifieds. That gun is on my short list. But it's not really much different than the P-01... decocker, alloy frame, the only thing different is that it doesn't have a rail. Makes absolutely no sense that I want it. But... I still want it.
    Until recently I had both. Although your reasoning makes sense, it doesn't play out that way. The P01 and PCR, IMO, are completely different animals when shooting them. YMMV.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Does anybody have any preference with the P-07 Duty or the new P-07? From what I can tell I may want the newer P-07 but didn't know if anybody had any hands on experience that could help.
    The Duty model accepts the most of the CZ/Mecgar 9mm magazines. The new model only accepts P07 and P09 magazines. For my money the Duty was the way to go. I already have a few CZ mags and being able to use them was a money saver. I don't really care about the few additional features on the new model. I don't think I've ever changed a backstrap in my life. ;) Again, YMMV, everybody has different likes.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I recently purchased two military surplus guns from Israel through CDI on Gunbroker. One is a '93 CZ 85 and the other is a '97 CZ Compact with an alloy frame.

pix029724672_zpso5pechm4.jpg

The 85 is with AllenM being Cerakoted in Midnight Blue. When that is completed it will go to the Wizard who already has all the Cajun goodies for her.

pix861282351_zps0ouflmix.jpg

The Compact is with the Wizard now getting the full pro package and TFX sights. She will go to AllenM after to be redone in Tungsten with black controls. Unfortunately, neither will probably be finished by the shoot.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    ...and here is my P07 Duty. It has the Cajun Pro Package, CZ factory night sights and a TLR4 light/laser. It will soon get a Pachmayr grip sleeve.

IMG_0621_zps5n7lfdlz.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning BA.
    I am starting to like you guys and your surplus stuff. I'm curious to see what Rusty's one looks like tomorrow.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hmmm, that makes that dark green one they have down at the LGS seem like something I should look more into. It's on the pricey side, compared to the surplus full size guns available, but call it rare and there's a logic gate in my brain that gets tripped. I might have to check on that one again.

Also, FWIW, I think the OD P-01 just looks different because of the picture lighting. I strongly suspect it's the same darker OD green that WTB has on his P-01. I really don't think CZ has different colors of OD mixes that they use. But agreed, the one in the classifieds looks like a different shade than Tom's.

I would like Tom to tell us if his Green gun is poly-coated like most CZ factory guns, or green cerakoted green. I just want to know if all the green CZ's out there being sold as new are factory or some kind of aftermarket coating.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I decided to strip the pre-B last night and it's going to go into the blast booth once I get it degreased. From there, I don't know though. Eventually, it will get slide cuts for new sights and Cerakoted by AllenM, but I'm thinking I might do a quick Duracoat job on it to see if I like it in black. It's also going to get a CGW Pro kit and might be done for the meetup. We'll have to see, as that's coming up pretty quickly.

I think I'm leaning towards BAs logic on a P07 Duty over the newer ones. I like the updates, but when I buy one, I want something that uses a standard mag. That makes life much more simple. And, I'm all about simple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom