Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    At the range a couple of young gentlemen, probably Purdue students, came in while we were there. They brought only one gun, a polished stainless CZ 75B. We tried to engage them in conversation but there was a pretty significant language barrier. Boy, what a beautiful gun.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    At the range a couple of young gentlemen, probably Purdue students, came in while we were there. They brought only one gun, a polished stainless CZ 75B. We tried to engage them in conversation but there was a pretty significant language barrier. Boy, what a beautiful gun.
    Even after me you still struggle with da utes?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning everyone.
    I'm hoping to make a range trip this morning with the new 97. I ended up getting a standard 97B w/ manual safety for $630 new. Why the standard version? Because I can put night sights on it for $88 (plus shipping) and the Decocker is not a must have, so in the end it didn't really matter to have decocker or manual safety (for me at least) and I went with the option that saved me money. Also, when I'm showing other shooters the different kinds of actions on guns, the 97 gives me another system to show them. I also like to become familiar with different kinds of weapons so that I have the confidence to be able to pick up most anything and be somewhat decent with operating it. The variety in my collection helps in this department.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    :coffee: Morning everyone.
    I'm hoping to make a range trip this morning with the new 97. I ended up getting a standard 97B w/ manual safety for $630 new. Why the standard version? Because I can put night sights on it for $88 (plus shipping) and the Decocker is not a must have, so in the end it didn't really matter to have decocker or manual safety (for me at least) and I went with the option that saved me money. Also, when I'm showing other shooters the different kinds of actions on guns, the 97 gives me another system to show them. I also like to become familiar with different kinds of weapons so that I have the confidence to be able to pick up most anything and be somewhat decent with operating it. The variety in my collection helps in this department.

Very cool. I have the same philosophy, wanting to be able to pick up any gun, within reason and run it well.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thank you gentlemen. When I got rid of all my CZs last year and then started to think about "starting over", the SP-01 and the 97 were the only two that I had to have. I have fulfilled that plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom