• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    CZ set themselves up to be cloned, and maybe on purpose. In the absence of outright theft of intellectual property, I try to evaluate the individual guns on their own merits. You might say everyone is making G**** copycats these days. But a lot of them are doing it better. My PPQ is light years ahead of a G****, but it is using the same technology.

But this is just my personal philosophy, and I can't guarantee it is right or will work for anyone else.

Besides, at this point, Tanfoglio makes the best 10mm CZ by default. Also the point is moot for me, as I can't afford one right now anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I sure wish CZ would come out with a 10mm. :(

As well as compact versions of both the 97B and 10mm. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

My Tanfo 10 is a good shooter as I have changed to lighter springs and a beefier guide rod but have thoughts of fitting it up with a red dot in the future. This may require a visit to Allen!

I really need to get my Witness out more often. With just a bit of work and decent sights, it could be a heck of a nice range toy.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Morning folks! :coffee:

TopDog got the wheels spinning on the idea of adding another compact to the family. I've been wanting a P07, but like steel over poly. I figure that a used compact, CGW parts and fresh sights would come in under $600. Add Cerakote and grips and for around $750, I could have an amazing carry gun. The only problem is that the realist in my knows that $750 comes from rounding down on most costs and when complete, it would certainly be north of that. That's taking a serious bite out of the Fiat budget. On the other hand, if I sold the Ed Brown, I could fund the Fiat, a compact and a full size project with a bit left over to finish the CGW parts on the pre-B and stainless 75B. That might be wishful thinking though.

One thing to keep in mind is that on a project gun you don't have to do everything all at once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom