• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    You know, you can scratch both itches at once with a CZ 1911. I love my CZs, but I really, really love my 1911s. The full size 1911 is about the best shooting gun I've ever held. The CZ is a really close second, but when I shoot the CZ 1911, I get to enjoy both sicknesses at once.

I ran past a bunch of my LGS today and down at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood, they had a P09, 75B, SP01, 97B, 97BD and a CZ 1911A1. There may have been a couple of others, but those are the ones I remember seeing. I really liked that SP01 and the 97B with the aluminum grips felt a whole lot better in my hand than my old one did. Add a RRK, and it would be perfect.

Is the CZ 1911 really any better than something like a RO? If you take the fact that it's a CZ out, is it objectively better?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Plans are up in the air right now. The one thing I know is that I need to mow. I skipped last week and the yard looks like ****.

You got anything good planned?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Plans are up in the air right now. The one thing I know is that I need to mow. I skipped last week and the yard looks like ****.

You got anything good planned?

My weekend is up in the air like yours. I know I need to mow and I know I'll hit the range at some point, but everything else is unknown at this point. Since I finally got my bachelor's degree, the one thing I know I won't be doing is studying... :rockwoot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Is the CZ 1911 really any better than something like a RO? If you take the fact that it's a CZ out, is it objectively better?
    In my opinion, it is. When you look at the internal parts, the CZ is built to a higher standard than the RO is mainly due to the use of all tool steel parts inside. The CZ 1911 is basically a GI style 1911 built for CZ by Dan Wesson. It's not perfect out of the box with every one I've handled having tooling marks on the rear face of the extractor and a stiff thumb safety, but other than that, they are pure Dan Wesson quality.

Now, this is all lost on CM since the first thing he does when he gets a 1911 is to toss the internal parts and put in a set that he has a lot of experience and great success in tuning. If that's the route you are going to go, then the RO is the better choice for the money. Both have nicely fit barrels and forged frames and slides.
    Morning all... :coffee:

Agreed. Nice article, but the stock sights are really bad on the 75 series.

In comparison to a stock G****, the CZ sights are a thing of beauty. G**** does not so much as provide sights, but more over put dots and lines on the plastic sight dovetail protectors so you can shoot until your real sights arrive.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My weekend is up in the air like yours. I know I need to mow and I know I'll hit the range at some point, but everything else is unknown at this point. Since I finally got my bachelor's degree, the one thing I know I won't be doing is studying... :rockwoot:

Yay! Congratulations!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Congrats WTB! Hey, I'm planning on heading up to MCFG this morning if you are interested in a quick range trip.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

In comparison to a stock G****, the CZ sights are a thing of beauty. G**** does not so much as provide sights, but more over put dots and lines on the plastic sight dovetail protectors so you can shoot until your real sights arrive.

Morning Tim. I can agree with that to a point, but at least on the stock G**** sights I can SEE the front sight pretty clearly. The front sight on most of my CZ's has always been too small and too dim. Both should be replaced, no question. My SP-01 and 40P were the only exceptions. Both had pretty decent stock sights.

Yay! Congratulations!

Thank you very much. I switched from an IT degree with a Security Emphasis to just a straight IT degree. After the problems I had with the training material provided by WGU and Cisco, I refused to pay any more money to either. That got me my degree right away. I had discussed it with my boss and his feeling was that Security Emphasis addition to the degree wouldn't have helped me in any major way, so I'd rather be done. Now I can start studying (after a bit of a break) for my CISSP, which is my industry certification.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Congrats WTB! Hey, I'm planning on heading up to MCFG this morning if you are interested in a quick range trip.

I appreciate it Tim, but it's a no go for me this morning. I have a call with a colleague of mine at 8:00 sharp to cover some vendor issues. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you next week, if you'll be doing your normal Friday morning shooting ;)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thank you very much. I switched from an IT degree with a Security Emphasis to just a straight IT degree. After the problems I had with the training material provided by WGU and Cisco, I refused to pay any more money to either. That got me my degree right away. I had discussed it with my boss and his feeling was that Security Emphasis addition to the degree wouldn't have helped me in any major way, so I'd rather be done. Now I can start studying (after a bit of a break) for my CISSP, which is my industry certification.

Awesome. If I ever wanted to go back to school, that's what I'd go for. But hopefully I've got 6 years of teaching ahead of me and then I can retire. Who knows, maybe then I'll want to go back to school? :D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Awesome. If I ever wanted to go back to school, that's what I'd go for. But hopefully I've got 6 years of teaching ahead of me and then I can retire. Who knows, maybe then I'll want to go back to school? :D

I didn't find the process all that enjoyable, personally. WGU wasn't bad, since it was all online and very flexible, but if I want to learn anything in the future, I'd rather take free courses offered by various resources, or just get a book/manual and teach myself. Good luck with the plan to retire after 6 years though. If I don't win the lottery, I'll be working till I die... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom