Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have become uncharacteristically patient with project guns of late.
    The 2011 was months in the making.
    My current Ingo lower build is coming together but in its own time.

Maybe I have finally grown up, Matured so to speak.......................................:rofl:............Oh hell no

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I am having a really hard time making the decision which addiction to get started with. I have made the decision to catch the CZickness at some point and that I also want to get into a 1911 addiction. I have decided on a RAMI as my entrance to CZs and a Springfield Range Officer to get into 1911s. I am having a really hard time deciding which one to get first. I wish funds would allow me to dive head first into both pools of crazy, but I simply can't do it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am having a really hard time making the decision which addiction to get started with. I have made the decision to catch the CZickness at some point and that I also want to get into a 1911 addiction. I have decided on a RAMI as my entrance to CZs and a Springfield Range Officer to get into 1911s. I am having a really hard time deciding which one to get first. I wish funds would allow me to dive head first into both pools of crazy, but I simply can't do it.

Being a dyed in the wool 1911 freak you know what I would tell you.
    Especially since you are looking at the RO as entry. Darn good choice right there.

The Rami is a really solid platform as well.

Both will need some love if you want all that you can get from them.
    It is very fortunate that you might be getting to know a few folks that can help with this.....:)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Do the Rami first. If you fall in love you are pretty much done. Toast, the Czickness is strong. If you get the CZ and withstand the temptation to go full CZ you have a chance at a normal life. For some of us it is just too late. :):

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'll add that IMHO, a CZ is a lot like a European-style 1911. Depending how you look at it, you can sort of scratch both itches at once with a CZ. I'll admit that my CZ goggles are a little thick.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Being a dyed in the wool 1911 freak you know what I would tell you.
    Especially since you are looking at the RO as entry. Darn good choice right there.

The Rami is a really solid platform as well.

Both will need some love if you want all that you can get from them.
    It is very fortunate that you might be getting to know a few folks that can help with this.....:)

Yes, I knew how you would feel about it. I am probably leaning towards the 1911. I have been a 9mm guy my whole life but the last couple of weeks I have found myself inexplicably buying up .45 ammo when I see a good deal. I don't have any guns in .45. I think my subconscious knows which way I'll be going.

As as to the work, I fully intend to get to know the group and get whatever I end up getting up and running as well as it possibly can.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Do the Rami first. If you fall in love you are pretty much done. Toast, the Czickness is strong. If you get the CZ and withstand the temptation to go full CZ you have a chance at a normal life. For some of us it is just too late. :):

Do any gun people really live a "normal life?" I'm leaning to the 1911 but CZs, especially with CGW parts, are just so nice. I know they both become works of art with a bit of work put into them. I don't think there is really a bad choice here. Both will lead to a life long addiction and CZickness. Either will be far better than and make me not miss my G**** style pistols one bit.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I really don't know what all this CZickness malarkey is all about.....I'm fine.

th_IMG_0611_zpsccygxe45.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I really don't know what all this CZickness malarkey is all about.....I'm fine.

th_IMG_0611_zpsccygxe45.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Yeah, there's no amount of penicillin that can cure how bad you've been infected! Pictures of your satin nickel compact still don't help my condition much. I mean, it's right there, in the center, I can see it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The fact that I don't find that picture ridiculous probably says something about my future inability to fight off the CZickness. I just don't have what it takes to resist it.

Yeah, there's no amount of penicillin that can cure how bad you've been infected! Pictures of your satin nickel compact still don't help my condition much. I mean, it's right there, in the center, I can see it.
    Well, that's and old, outdated picture. It's even worse now. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You know, you can scratch both itches at once with a CZ 1911. I love my CZs, but I really, really love my 1911s. The full size 1911 is about the best shooting gun I've ever held. The CZ is a really close second, but when I shoot the CZ 1911, I get to enjoy both sicknesses at once.

I ran past a bunch of my LGS today and down at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood, they had a P09, 75B, SP01, 97B, 97BD and a CZ 1911A1. There may have been a couple of others, but those are the ones I remember seeing. I really liked that SP01 and the 97B with the aluminum grips felt a whole lot better in my hand than my old one did. Add a RRK, and it would be perfect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom