Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think one could certainly do a lot worse. For that price plus the CGW parts, you could be in one about $500 or so. Seems like a bargain for something that'll run like a raped ape. It won't looks the prettiest, but that's why we can squint. ;)
    I have some experience in this area. I think most of you have seen the Beast, many have shot it. I can't remember exactly but I think, with shipping and transfer, I was only in that a little over $300 before the Cajun process began. Most people seem to think I should cerakote it but I like her just the way she it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If anyone is looking for a project gun, Buds has;

Used Interarms Surplus CZ 75 Compact 9mm 14+1 Fair as low as $279 shipped
    Used Interarms Surplus CZ 75 Compact 9mm 14+1 Fair $279.00 SHIPS FREE

OR

Used Interarms Surplus CZ 75 9mm 16+1 Fair as low as $299 shipped.
    Used Interarms Surplus CZ 75 9mm 16+1 Fair $299.00 SHIPS FREE

That's why I like buying milsurp through CDI on GB. You get to see pictures of the exact gun you are buying with an accurate grade on both external condition and the bore. I don't really care what they look like but I do pay close attention to the condition of the bore.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Wizard, who usually advises me to buy ammo instead of guns, now seems to be pushing me to buy one of the new CZ 75B convertible Omegas. I told him I can't really justify another full size 75 when I have the 85, the 75B and the Beast. But, giving it some thought, I think I will take the Beast back to SAO and get another Springer mount and Burriss Fastfire for the 75B like it used to have. Then, of course, I would not have a carry 75. Well, we can't let that happen. So, a 75B Omega would be necessary to add to the group. And that's how we justify another gun purchase here in crazytown. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

The Wizard, who usually advises me to buy ammo instead of guns, now seems to be pushing me to buy one of the new CZ 75B convertible Omegas. I told him I can't really justify another full size 75 when I have the 85, the 75B and the Beast. But, giving it some thought, I think I will take the Beast back to SAO and get another Springer mount and Burriss Fastfire for the 75B like it used to have. Then, of course, I would not have a carry 75. Well, we can't let that happen. So, a 75B Omega would be necessary to add to the group. And that's how we justify another gun purchase here in crazytown. ;)

I agree with this plan, as I really want to try out that gun. Make sure you buy it before the end of the month so you have it at the group shoot :D

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning.

Had a great range day yesterday with Rusty. Really enjoyed the day, the weather turned out to be good, and the shooting was very enjoyable. Now, like after most range trips, the gears are turning in my head about what's next on the wheel of T-DOGG.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning all... :coffee:

I agree with this plan, as I really want to try out that gun. Make sure you buy it before the end of the month so you have it at the group shoot :D
    Morning, WTB. Unfortunately, that won't happen. I have a few too many irons in the fire right now. I am thinking later this summer or possibly this fall.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That Omega Convertible has lots of appeal.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning, T-D. Glad you guys had a good time yesterday.
    Thanks. We finished the trip off by slapping a steel silhouette plate at 200 yards like it owed us money. I could spend all day long ringing steel at 200 yards, that feedback you get is just the bees knees.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    After yesterday I really want to buy a new firearm, but there are other things that should come before it. We'll see if that happens. Ammo and some much needed accesories.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

TopDog got the wheels spinning on the idea of adding another compact to the family. I've been wanting a P07, but like steel over poly. I figure that a used compact, CGW parts and fresh sights would come in under $600. Add Cerakote and grips and for around $750, I could have an amazing carry gun. The only problem is that the realist in my knows that $750 comes from rounding down on most costs and when complete, it would certainly be north of that. That's taking a serious bite out of the Fiat budget. On the other hand, if I sold the Ed Brown, I could fund the Fiat, a compact and a full size project with a bit left over to finish the CGW parts on the pre-B and stainless 75B. That might be wishful thinking though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom