Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Careful where you're throwing, wouldn't want to hit me before you get to see me again. Depending how close you get to the Fort, the gun show is this weekend at the Coliseum, it's like any typical show now, but fun to walk around and shoot the spit with friends.

East of Decatur almost on the line.
    Full day of covert training.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I don't brag very often, but I nailed a 4" steel plate at 200 yards with my M1A shooting off the bench with no rests on the second shot. :cool:

That is INSANE. Very nice!!

I've had some 100-yard shots on an 8" steel plate with my 75B, and of all things, a little Ruger SR22. But sheesh, a frickin 4" plate from 200 yards?!? You're almost having to take the rotation of the earth into consideration! Hahh!!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is INSANE. Very nice!!

I've had some 100-yard shots on an 8" steel plate with my 75B, and of all things, a little Ruger SR22. But sheesh, a frickin 4" plate from 200 yards?!? You're almost having to take the rotation of the earth into consideration! Hahh!!
    Thanks! After I hit it, I laid the rifle down and said I was ready to leave. Considered retiring from shooting altogether. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    DOGG and I were both wondering, CM since you got your spouse the new 9mm, when is the CMD getting listed? :):

Its not.
    I am up the hell side down in it. Not gonna give it away and it runs like a machine.
    I like the slab side look..ala RH
    The barrel was custom fit to the gun and there are not any more of these around I am aware of.
    The trigger runs well all the way down to 2Lbs but set at 3.5 right now.

Damn nice gun.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Dang, TD. Those are really tempting to jump on. Who couldn't use a spare compact 75B or two in the collection.

Wow those are good prices.

Yup right up to the CGW part.....:):

Yes they would be the best way to go. Start with a low cost gun, give it some CGW love and even if you don't cerakote it, it would run like dream. Only concern would be the condition of the barrel. My understanding is you can't just drop a new barrel in, it has to be fitted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes they would be the best way to go. Start with a low cost gun, give it some CGW love and even if you don't cerakote it, it would run like dream. Only concern would be the condition of the barrel. My understanding is you can't just drop a new barrel in, it has to be fitted.

You know a guy.....:):

I have put barrels in several CZ's but not one of those. Can not be that difficult.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Got a text from the Wizard last evening. He measured the SA pull on the 85 milsurp at 3#. That's without doing anything to it. He thinks that someone may have put an extended firing pin in it and cut down the mainspring to make it lighter. It's 3# SA and 9# DA. That's pretty amazing for a supposedly "stock" gun. Now I am wondering where it will end up once the Cajun magic happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom