• Status
    Not open for further replies.

swsws1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    FW
    I picked up 2 full size EAA 9mms today and was taking them apart to clean the grease out. Upon reassembly of both guns I noticed that with one the slide was loose in the frame and could wiggle up and down. The other fit gun fit tight with no play as it should. Any ideas why one would be loose and the other not? Any idea if it's unsafe? I even switched the slides around on the 2 handguns and the one frame still produced a sloppy slide. So I've deduced it's a frame problem and not a slide problem. Any help would be great.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I picked up 2 full size EAA 9mms today and was taking them apart to clean the grease out. Upon reassembly of both guns I noticed that with one the slide was loose in the frame and could wiggle up and down. The other fit gun fit tight with no play as it should. Any ideas why one would be loose and the other not? Any idea if it's unsafe? I even switched the slides around on the 2 handguns and the one frame still produced a sloppy slide. So I've deduced it's a frame problem and not a slide problem. Any help would be great.

This is from the factory slop fit up.
    It is not dangerous per say but when you run them back to back it may show in the accuracy.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: morning folks

"Patiently" waiting on an update from Buds on my 75. It was in shipping status as of Friday, but no tracking number yet. :nailbite:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Busy day today. I have to go to the Post Office to get a MO to pay for the gun I wasn't going to buy. Then to a gunsmith friend to drop off the D Compact to have the new barrel fit. Trading guns with the Wizard sometime today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom