Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The range trip didn't happen yesterday. So, we will try again today. I have to get some function checks done and I don't want that interfering with the intro to CZ shoot happening Saturday.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning BA. How you doing brother? Me, I'm weezing a little bit, mowed two yards last night right after work, allergies are killing me this morning.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That Rami that Rusty posted yesterday was pretty sweet looking, haven't seen one like that before. I wish I had the skills to do something like that.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I didn't even know this was a thing, 75 DAO. No thumb safety, bobbed hammer.

CZ090715-1.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning everyone.

DOGG, I've not had any troubles with allergies this year. I started taking an OTC 24 hr med and if I catch it before the allergies kick in, they don't bother me. When I do have allergy problems they get so bad I'm disabled from doing much of anything. Been lucky this year to catch them before they started.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've never seen the DAO CZ before. It's pretty cool from a collectors standpoint, but I don't know that I'd want one for carry. I wonder if the second shot is SA or if they somehow made every shot a DA shot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've never seen the DAO CZ before. It's pretty cool from a collectors standpoint, but I don't know that I'd want one for carry. I wonder if the second shot is SA or if they somehow made every shot a DA shot.

My guess is that without a decocker, every shot is DAO. Interesting, but not something I'd be interested in owning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I guess it would almost have to be DA for every shot since otherwise, there would be no safe way to get it to DA for the first shot if you had to manually drop the bobbed hammer. DA for every shot would not make for a fun shooter. But, then again, it would be no different than shooting a revolver I guess.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My guess is that without a decocker, every shot is DAO. Interesting, but not something I'd be interested in owning.

I once had a DAO pistol. I learned my lesson. I would try to get one if I were a collector, but heck, I can't afford to buy the guns I want to shoot, much less collect.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm strange, but I think I'd quite like a DAO... I like shooting revolvers and when I dry fire practice with a CZ its in DA anyway. Presents itself as a nice challenge. Without all the safeties and decockers, I wonder just how light and smooth the trigger pull could become...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom