• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    What I wouldn't give to weigh what I weighed in high school. I was half the Snap that I am now. Sigh.

What I wouldn't give to weigh what I weighed when I retired from the USMC. It's my own fault, I stopped getting up at 04:30 and doing PT.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    After discussing 10mm rds. and the high costs of running them (full house loads) with the Wizard Wed. night I have been looking at single stage reloading outfits.
    Not sure if I really want to get into this as I have an addictive nature (go figure) and the unknown is.....well, unknown.....;)

Just finished counting on my toes & fingers and I can load 1000 10mm with X-treme 155 grain copper plated bullets ,new brass, bullets, primers and powder for around $300. Drop the price by $165 using picked up brass.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know if I could run 10mm without reloading for it. On the other hand, I think I'd enjoy it more if I did not obsess over chasing 10mm brass with each range trip. Either way, pulling the trigger on a 10mm handgun is fun. Even more so when you are running decent energy loads.

I did the range trip this morning solo and ran 100 rounds of 9mm through the new 75B Stainless. O..M..G...! It's love at first shot. That's a gun that makes you want to call in sick to work and just shoot all day long. I was mostly point shooting and it was working very well for me like that. The double action trigger really needs lightened though, as I was pulling shots down when shooting from the half cock notch. Other than that, it was flawless through it's first 100 rounds.

I also ran 50 rounds through the G30 and it performed well too. I was point shooting that one just as well as the 75B, which is probably due to practicing with the laser cartridge. In the week that I've had that, I replaced the sights, put grip tapes on, polished the internals and took a dremel to the frame to relieve the trigger guard area a bit. In other words, I made it mine.

I need to finish up the 1911 project for my nephew so I can start loving on the new 75B.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I am looking forward to running your full house load outs against the Underwood/buffalo bore offerings.Should be interesting.

So far I have not found a good recipe for 155 grain at 1500 fps, My current load is 180 grain bullet with 13.0 grains of Blue Dot powder at 1295 fps!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't know if I could run 10mm without reloading for it. On the other hand, I think I'd enjoy it more if I did not obsess over chasing 10mm brass with each range trip. Either way, pulling the trigger on a 10mm handgun is fun. Even more so when you are running decent energy loads.

I did the range trip this morning solo and ran 100 rounds of 9mm through the new 75B Stainless. O..M..G...! It's love at first shot. That's a gun that makes you want to call in sick to work and just shoot all day long. I was mostly point shooting and it was working very well for me like that. The double action trigger really needs lightened though, as I was pulling shots down when shooting from the half cock notch. Other than that, it was flawless through it's first 100 rounds.

I also ran 50 rounds through the G30 and it performed well too. I was point shooting that one just as well as the 75B, which is probably due to practicing with the laser cartridge. In the week that I've had that, I replaced the sights, put grip tapes on, polished the internals and took a dremel to the frame to relieve the trigger guard area a bit. In other words, I made it mine.

I need to finish up the 1911 project for my nephew so I can start loving on the new 75B.

Sounds like you had a good time! I'm very much looking forward to trying out that stainless 75B :yesway:

sdunsworth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus
    I got an opportunity to run down to BtB last night and picked up the compact I had my eye on. Parts ordering today. AFTER I get it lined out, not sure what's next on my list. Those stainless models sure are purty ... but a 1911 in 9mm is also due .. and a 2011 in .40 ... oh yeah, and primers and powder and bullets and brass and ... oh yeah, honey-do project costs ... <sigh>

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I got an opportunity to run down to BtB last night and picked up the compact I had my eye on. Parts ordering today. AFTER I get it lined out, not sure what's next on my list. Those stainless models sure are purty ... but a 1911 in 9mm is also due .. and a 2011 in .40 ... oh yeah, and primers and powder and bullets and brass and ... oh yeah, honey-do project costs ... <sigh>

Always how it seems to go, doesn't it? :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've got a hankerin for a new firearm. Must be a 22 handgun. I'm all over the place on which one though. I'm not even sure whether semi auto or Wheelgun at this point...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom