Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After discussing 10mm rds. and the high costs of running them (full house loads) with the Wizard Wed. night I have been looking at single stage reloading outfits.
    Not sure if I really want to get into this as I have an addictive nature (go figure) and the unknown is.....well, unknown.....;)

Makes perfect sense when you're using a caliber like 10mm. Will save you a LOT of money! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Makes perfect sense when you're using a caliber like 10mm. Will save you a LOT of money! :yesway:

True "But"........how much will I really shoot this. That is the real question.
    In the reality of it, why not step up to a multi stage press and just go for it............45 is getting stupid expensive and that is my real caliber of choice.

But (again with the but) at 66 years old...........at the rate I shoot........will I ever break even let along actually save any money. If I were in my 50's this would be a moot point I think.
    My time is very valuable as well.

If I step into this area I know I will loose my mind and go full tilt.

So many questions............:faint:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    True "But"........how much will I really shoot this. That is the real question.
    In the reality of it, why not step up to a multi stage press and just go for it............45 is getting stupid expensive and that is my real caliber of choice.

But (again with the but) at 66 years old...........at the rate I shoot........will I ever break even let along actually save any money. If I were in my 50's this would be a moot point I think.
    My time is very valuable as well.

If I step into this area I know I will loose my mind and go full tilt.

So many questions............:faint:

My :twocents: is that you can save pretty decently, without having to sink a ton of time into it. I know IGM has been reloading for years and is able to crank out hundreds of rounds in just an hour. If you're only shooting that amount every week, the time needed is pretty minimal. Of course it'll take a while to get ramped up to where you can do that, but even when I went over and was goofing on his setup, I was able to do a hundred rounds in an hour. I want to say that the cost for 9mm was half retail and .45 was even less than that. I don't reload, so I can't say much more than that, just what I know from others who do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My :twocents: is that you can save pretty decently, without having to sink a ton of time into it. I know IGM has been reloading for years and is able to crank out hundreds of rounds in just an hour. If you're only shooting that amount every week, the time needed is pretty minimal. Of course it'll take a while to get ramped up to where you can do that, but even when I went over and was goofing on his setup, I was able to do a hundred rounds in an hour. I want to say that the cost for 9mm was half retail and .45 was even less than that. I don't reload, so I can't say much more than that, just what I know from others who do.

Good input.
    I am procrastinating here.
    When I get past the house upgrades I will be looking at this pretty hard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the current project that is keeping me busy and draining my funds.....:)

All cedar trim. This was the self standing garage until we built on and incorporated it into the living space.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, very nice!

I have much to do yet.
    2 more days on the wood work then repairing some drywall garfes (this was a garage for years and years) and painting.
    Then I get to build a 16'X16' covered deck out back.
    Then I get to build a 12'X12' deck and finish the privacy fence next door.
    I am so lucky......:lmfao:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have much to do yet.
    2 more days on the wood work then repairing some drywall garfes (this was a garage for years and years) and painting.
    Then I get to build a 16'X16' covered deck out back.
    Then I get to build a 12'X12' deck and finish the privacy fence next door.
    I am so lucky......:lmfao:

Yeah, lucky... :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom