Not open for further replies.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Two fer.

1. Anybody know the best way to "stake" the screw that holds the mag release and trigger bar lift springs ?

2. Anybody know the correct adjustment of the trigger bar springs for a non fpb (85 Combat) gun ?

(And 45's will eventually die and be replaced by 40's, cheaper lead and brass, same capabilities, more rounds. It is not my fault, but Trump is not here so somebody else has to mention the obvious. )

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Two fer.

1. Anybody know the best way to "stake" the screw that holds the mag release and trigger bar lift springs ?

2. Anybody know the correct adjustment of the trigger bar springs for a non fpb (85 Combat) gun ?

(And 45's will eventually die and be replaced by 40's, cheaper lead and brass, same capabilities, more rounds. It is not my fault, but Trump is not here so somebody else has to mention the obvious. )

1. According to CGW NEVER loctite this screw, always stake or peen in place, just like the factory does. If you use loctite and the screw head strips (and it does this often), the screw thread body will be nearly impossible to remove. Consider replacing the #34 trigger bar support spring if you remove this screw.
    2. TECH TIP: This spring not only supports the trigger bar and ensures proper reset in DA and SA, but it also affects the DA pull weight and SA reset characteristics. How you adjust this springs depends on the CZ model. We suggest you contact CGW for tech support. Just call David at CGW and he will advise the proper adjustment of the spring as I have not done one of these.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    1. According to CGW NEVER loctite this screw, always stake or peen in place, just like the factory does. If you use loctite and the screw head strips (and it does this often), the screw thread body will be nearly impossible to remove. Consider replacing the #34 trigger bar support spring if you remove this screw.
    2. TECH TIP: This spring not only supports the trigger bar and ensures proper reset in DA and SA, but it also affects the DA pull weight and SA reset characteristics. How you adjust this springs depends on the CZ model. We suggest you contact CGW for tech support. Just call David at CGW and he will advise the proper adjustment of the spring as I have not done one of these.

Thank you!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I know I am late coming in this morning. But I would like to drive home a point about the .40. I have only one gun in .40 and I only kept it because it was my carry for years. The reason I got rid of all my .40 was simple. Cost to shoot. The cost over 9mm for me vs the performance against the 9mm just does not jive. Not worth it to me to keep as anything other than a novelty. Now if the .40 was what it was originally designed to be, a full power 10mm. Then I would just have a 10mm wouldn't I? For me, the .40 is a niche round that serves no real purpose. If it was not so expensive I would still be shooting it. But then that applies to other rounds like the .357 sig as well. For me it comes down to cost vs performance. The .40 is really dropping in popularity and thus the prices for guns in .40 are dropping as well.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The reason I got rid of all my .40 was simple. Cost to shoot.

Little bit of that here as well. I have immense respect for the round, used to love it... then, I discovered revolvers. I couldn't justify keeping 40 when I was going head-over-heels into the 357/38 world. It became one caliber too many, and it was much easier to justify keeping up with 45 and 9mm for my semis, and knocking 40 off the reservation.

I still think it's a great round, though, and in times of ammo disparity, it seemed I could always pick up a brick or two of 40 when the shelves were otherwise bare. Now, I'm stocked up reasonably well to weather any upcoming shortages, as most of us on this board should be.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't *need* .40 at all, feeling that I'm covered between .45 and the right 9mm SD rounds. That said, I absolutely love my CZ 40P and see no possibility of getting rid of it. If I come a cross a gun that I like that's in .40, I won't hesitate to pick it up, but I won't seek out a gun in that caliber.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just thought I would post a picture I saw of the "Grail" gun. In the picture, the lower gun is a 1985 pre-B. Above that is the one....1979 CZ 75 original short rail.

2v26w46_zps5wxj9dds.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom