The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Good morning all

New a/c a-coil being installed. New dehumidifiers doing great holding humidity levels at 35% in basement and gun room. New dehumidifier buckets in the safes and ammo cabinet holding humidity levels at 35 too so all concerns have been lessoned to comfortable levels. Time for some gpt and function testing with the 300bo later today.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm about to buy a Holosun 507comp.
    Now my dilemma is Red or Green.

Which is better in your opinion red or green?
    I’ve heard some argue that green is supposed to have slightly better battery life because it is supposed to be easier to see at a lower brightness setting than red. Beyond that I believe it is personal preference. Some people see one color better than the other. I read that is especially true for people with astigmatism. Try to test out both and see what works best for you.

Edit: Just make sure you test the same model in red and green so that you’re comparing apples to apples.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I'm about to buy a Holosun 507comp.
    Now my dilemma is Red or Green.

Which is better in your opinion red or green?
    I have a Vortex Strikefire II i bought used and put on my AR (paid $75 for it IIRC). it has red or green and after shooting with both I prefer red. Others like green. if you know someone with something like the strikefire see if you can take some time and play with it. Or run up this way and we can hit the range with it and my P10c with 507comp in red

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’ve heard some argue that green is supposed to have slightly better battery life because it is supposed to be easier to see at a lower brightness setting than red. Beyond that I believe it is personal preference. Some people see one color better than the other. I read that is especially true for people with astigmatism. Try to test out both and see what works best for you.

Edit: Just make sure you test the same model in red and green so that you’re comparing apples to apples.
    I have been using red with the ones to date with no problem, I've heard all the praises of the green. So I'm thinking about trying one. I'd have to find a local shop that has one or I'll be stuck with ordering it in.

I may stick with red being I already know I can see them well enough.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a Vortex Strikefire II i bought used and put on my AR (paid $75 for it IIRC). it has red or green and after shooting with both I prefer red. Others like green. if you know someone with something like the strikefire see if you can take some time and play with it. Or run up this way and we can hit the range with it and my P10c with 507comp in red
    I plan on putting the 507comp on my P10F.
    I've gained confidence in my abilities to shoot them now. Still slower than iron sights, but with more practice it will probably get faster. It's definitely more accurate especially at 10yds and out.

Top Bottom