The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So I may have missed this in discussions but is the shadow 2 compact able to be converted to SAO? @llh1956

Is there any word on DWX compact having an optics ready version anytime soon?
    I see there is an OR version now
    What's the consensus on these guns say vs the Sig P229 legion SAO?

@mcapo i think you have a dwx compact and a 229 SAO if I recall? Thoughts?

@wtburnette has a shadow 2 compact and has had Sig Legions before? Thoughts?

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So I may have missed this in discussions but is the shadow 2 compact able to be converted to SAO? @llh1956

Is there any word on DWX compact having an optics ready version anytime soon?
    I see there is an OR version now
    What's the consensus on these guns say vs the Sig P229 legion SAO?

@mcapo i think you have a dwx compact and a 229 SAO if I recall? Thoughts?

@wtburnette has a shadow 2 compact and has had Sig Legions before? Thoughts?
    I don't have a P229 SAO. In order to answer your question, I will need to buy one. Be right back with an answer.

Just kidding!!!

Of those four - the S2c is probably the best bang for buck. The DWX is over priced by a bit and compares closer to a 2011 than a SAO Sig or does it?? That being said, If I had to give up the DWX or the P226 SAO; I would give up the DWX first (and then go buy another).

THAT being said, I also spent $$$$ on the P226 SAO to replace springs, hammer and trigger. The DWX is pretty darn nice right of the box. So maybe I would keep the DWX instead. It is really a fantastic combination of the best of a 1911, a CZ and a Sig. IMnsHO,

Darn it. I don't know....but I sure do like my P226 SAO Legion. ALOT!

I guess I need a P229 SAO and CZ S2c now.

Thanks, pal....

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't have a P229 SAO. In order to answer your question, I will need to buy one. Be right back with an answer.

Just kidding!!!

Of those four - the S2c is probably the best bang for buck. The DWX is over priced by a bit and compares closer to a 2011 than a SAO Sig or does it?? That being said, If I had to give up the DWX or the P226 SAO; I would give up the DWX first (and then go buy another).

THAT being said, I also spent $$$$ on the P226 SAO to replace springs, hammer and trigger. The DWX is pretty darn nice right of the box. So maybe I would keep the DWX instead. It is really a fantastic combination of the best of a 1911, a CZ and a Sig. IMnsHO,

Thanks, pal....
    Well apparently I need all of them now since that didn't help me narrow things down..

seriously though, looking for an SAO in that somewhat compact size gun, optic ready is a must, and not feeling the 2011 stuff.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Just kidding!!!

Thanks, pal....
    What springs, etc did you put in the 226?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    What springs, etc did you put in the 226?
    Armory Craft:

SAO Low Mass Performance Skeletonized Hammer
    Dual Adjustable SHORT Reach Trigger
    Smooth Action* Sig Sauer Short Reset kit
    Sig Sauer P226 Complete Recoil Tuning Kit (14, 16 & 18lb Spgs + SS Guide Rod)
    Sig Sauer Compensator
    SIG P226 - Plus-2 - Billet Aluminum Base Pad for 15/17/18/20rd magazines
    BarSto Barrel and a Sig Threaded Barrel

Glad I could relive spending all that....thanks...pal.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Armory Craft:

SAO Low Mass Performance Skeletonized Hammer
    Dual Adjustable SHORT Reach Trigger
    Smooth Action* Sig Sauer Short Reset kit
    Sig Sauer P226 Complete Recoil Tuning Kit (14, 16 & 18lb Spgs + SS Guide Rod)
    Sig Sauer Compensator
    SIG P226 - Plus-2 - Billet Aluminum Base Pad for 15/17/18/20rd magazines
    BarSto Barrel and a Sig Threaded Barrel

Glad I could relive spending all that....thanks...pal.
    Ignorant question, but don't the Legions already come with an SRT? I'm not sure if that is a thing for the SAO or just the DA/SA as Sig comingles the description on the da/sa and the SAO guns on their site.

Just trying to better understand what upgrades may be warranted on the SAO legions.

I have heard of folks putting the super strut in these to help with the safety cross bolt impact.

Was the barsto barrel to fix accuracy concerns? Did it help?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Ignorant question, but don't the Legions already come with an SRT? I'm not sure if that is a thing for the SAO or just the DA/SA as Sig comingles the description on the da/sa and the SAO guns on their site.

Just trying to better understand what upgrades may be warranted on the SAO legions.

I have heard of folks putting the super strut in these to help with the safety cross bolt impact.

Was the barsto barrel to fix accuracy concerns? Did it help?

You’re right. That was for a da/sa gun. Sorry. I should think before posting, texting or speaking whatever comes to mind to my wife.

I bought a BarSto barrel because the Sig threaded barrel had meh accuracy with the comp. The non threaded factory barrel had acceptable accuracy. I’m gonna say the BarSto was an inch or less better at 20-25 yards. Noticeable but not OMG! better.

You’re welcome to shoot any or all anytime. Extended rentals are also available if you want to take ‘em home and get to know them better for a bit.

Ask B2V though, you might have the knock the dust off them from sitting here too long.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You’re right. That was for a da/sa gun. Sorry. I should think before posting, texting or speaking whatever comes to mind to my wife.

I bought a BarSto barrel because the Sig threaded barrel had meh accuracy with the comp. The non threaded factory barrel had acceptable accuracy. I’m gonna say the BarSto was an inch or less better at 20-25 yards. Noticeable but not OMG! better.

You’re welcome to shoot any or all anytime. Extended rentals are also available if you want to take ‘em home and get to know them better for a bit.

Ask B2V though, you might have the knock the dust off them from sitting here too long.
    I appreciate it. Just trying to understand what the pitfalls or strong points of these guns are. The Sig is probably the front runner for me.

But the DWX compact looks like an interesting gun. But probably well beyond my pucker factor.

The shadow compact is interesting but not wanting da/sa.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom