The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @DadSmith
    Most of my optics are red, but I did end up getting the non-MRS, green 6 MOA version of the EPS carry here in the classies. I like it a lot. I don't have as much time behind it as the red versions but I like it a good bit.

As others have said, I think you will have to try and take a look through one yourself and see if you like the green, and preferably just not in a store with a ton of bright lights.

I missed it, is the p10 you are putting this on a carry gun or a nightstand gun or something you would shoot in competition? Or all of the above?

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    You might also take a look at the new Vortex Defender-XL. I have astigmatism and neither red or green dots make any difference for me.

I have had a Holosun 507 Comp in red. A Vortex Defender-CCW. I currently have a Holosun EPS Carry in green. A Swampfox Sentinal 2 in green. I see all of these dots as comma shaped. The dots all have significant “tails”.

I recently picked up Vortex Defender-ST 6 moa. The ST and the XL are greatly improved over the CCW. They have new emitters which eliminate ghosting. Vortex got rid of the stupid 14 hour auto off as well. This is by far the clearest, cleanest dot of any I have tried. It’s still not perfect, but close.

The 507 Comp is fantastic by the way. You won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Lap dance for a receiver.

a046a1564325b4f01706278354364eed.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    @DadSmith
    Most of my optics are red, but I did end up getting the non-MRS, green 6 MOA version of the EPS carry here in the classies. I like it a lot. I don't have as much time behind it as the red versions but I like it a good bit.

As others have said, I think you will have to try and take a look through one yourself and see if you like the green, and preferably just not in a store with a ton of bright lights.

I missed it, is the p10 you are putting this on a carry gun or a nightstand gun or something you would shoot in competition? Or all of the above?
    My P10F is my edc.

I've researched the colors and they say if you have astigmatism that green is better less star burst than red.
    I have bad astigmatism, and I've found the circle dot works great for some reason vs just the dot.
    The circle dot makes the dot not star burst for whatever reason. I believe someone shared why that was I just can't remember now.
    So that being the case green is easier on astigmatism, and they say the eye picks up green better it could be a win, win for me.
    Yet I'm hesitant because my research also shows that some people with astigmatism can't see green circle dots as well as red.
    That's my dilemma.
    I'm leaning to just staying with what I know works for me which is Red circle dot I have several of them. I do fine with them.
    Yet if green was better for my eyes maybe I should go that route.
    As mentioned I need to see what green circle dot look like before buying. So hopefully I can find a local gun shop that would let me see how they look. I think around here they probably do not have them on display.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You might also take a look at the new Vortex Defender-XL. I have astigmatism and neither red or green dots make any difference for me.

I have had a Holosun 507 Comp in red. A Vortex Defender-CCW. I currently have a Holosun EPS Carry in green. A Swampfox Sentinal 2 in green. I see all of these dots as comma shaped. The dots all have significant “tails”.

I recently picked up Vortex Defender-ST 6 moa. The ST and the XL are greatly improved over the CCW. They have new emitters which eliminate ghosting. Vortex got rid of the stupid 14 hour auto off as well. This is by far the clearest, cleanest dot of any I have tried. It’s still not perfect, but close.

The 507 Comp is fantastic by the way. You won’t be disappointed.

I'll add that to my research.
    Thank you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My P10F is my edc.

I've researched the colors and they say if you have astigmatism that green is better less star burst than red.
    I have bad astigmatism, and I've found the circle dot works great for some reason vs just the dot.
    The circle dot makes the dot not star burst for whatever reason. I believe someone shared why that was I just can't remember now.
    So that being the case green is easier on astigmatism, and they say the eye picks up green better it could be a win, win for me.
    Yet I'm hesitant because my research also shows that some people with astigmatism can't see green circle dots as well as red.
    That's my dilemma.
    I'm leaning to just staying with what I know works for me which is Red circle dot I have several of them. I do fine with them.
    Yet if green was better for my eyes maybe I should go that route.
    As mentioned I need to see what green circle dot look like before buying. So hopefully I can find a local gun shop that would let me see how they look. I think around here they probably do not have them on display.
    I think I'd look at an enclosed optic for edc. The amount of lint my EDC picks up is crazy. That opening for that emitter would look like a rat's nest in a day if it were mine.

You are probably aware of this, but adjusting brightness (down) can help with that star burst as well.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    The circle dot makes the dot not star burst for whatever reason.
    I had not heard that before but it’s true for me too. I have a slight astigmatism and the circle dot seems sharper than a regular dot.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Same.

The ACSS Vulcan chevron reticle seems to minimize the starburst too.
    100%
    My ACSS Vulcan appears nearly perfectly sharp for me. Unfortunately for DadSmith they don’t offer the Vulcan reticle in the 507 Comp.

@DadSmith
    If you’re not stuck on the 507 Comp, look at the 507c ACSS Vulcan. It uses a chevron ^ reticle instead of a dot. How close are you to Batesville? I’m usually out there every few weeks for work. I’d be happy to meet up and let you check out the ACSS Vulcan.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good afternoon everyone. I thought I'd stop by for a quick hello. I hope everyone is doing well and had an enjoyable Independence Day.

I've been doing well myself. Took about a month off from projects and caught up on some much needed R&R. Working with my doctor and making some changes for an overall better quality of life. Family life is good and I've recently started back on some projects along with purging things to free up physical and mental space. Life is good.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've decided to buy a motorcycle. Studying this weekend and hoping to get my permit on Monday with a training class with Abate of Indiana in early September.

To help fund this endeavor, I put some stuff in the classifieds the other day and will also be selling a few of my 1911 guns. Offering them here first with a discount, before they hit the classies. Also have an extra HS407A3 red dot that will be for sale and some 9/40/45 brass.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Tisas .45 SS Carry
    - bobtailed
    - bobnosed
    - ballcut at front lower slide
    - flat topped and design serrations
    - french border
    - heavy lower slide bevel
    - lightening ports
    - rear of slide/frame blended
    - EGW barrel bushing/spring plug/extractor
    - short trigger
    - Ed Brown ext mag release
    - Fusion mainspring housing
    - Dawson F/O front sight

2 factory mags
    2 sets of Coolhand G10 grips
    (287 rounds fired thru it)

All work performed by me. Mainspring housing cerakoted black. Barrel bushing and spring plug rust blued. It's really enjoyable and more accurate than you would think.

$900 is what I'll be asking. However, I will give an 11% discount to the core CZicko members. Lurkers need not apply.

*Factory box included in pic as per CZ rules.

1000007099.jpg1000007100.jpg

Top Bottom