The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Called and made an appointment in June to get some second opinions on my back issues from another spine practice. Not looking forward to an answer that may be surgery but I also can't continue on this path of pain and not being able to conduct daily life.

Bilateral nerve shot was done on 7th of May (had one on the right side previously back in Feb and before that last year as well) and while it helped the left side, the right side leg pain still makes it pretty much unbearable to walk much (leaning on a cart at a store helps make it possible to grocery shop on a good day) or stand for any period of time. Similar to what it was in March after my Feb shot.

Called the "shot" doctor back a couple of days ago and got a voicemail back from them today at 4pm offering to do another shot on right side. I'll call them back tomorrow to see when I can get in and I may take them up on it to see if it helps as a stop gap, but not holding out much hope that doing more of what didn't work will work this time. Seems even though this current Dr is part of a spine practice (different than the one I'm going to in June), he has one trick. I had hopes when I got referred into this practice that there would be a more holistic approach. I've been the one to push to get MRI's myself and haven't gotten much of what I'd consider an assessment out of this place.

I've done some PT last few years as well. Called them back as well and have a PT eval in early June as well.

My mom let herself get immobile and during that or due to that anxiety, etc set in and took her down. I'm not going to let that happen if I can help it.

Just needed to vent a bit, but I'm ready (I think) to press on...
    Several years back my wife was having back problems. She ended up having surgery, what they found wasn't what they were expecting. She had a huge cyst pressing against the spine nerves. Once they removed that she had no issues. The place she went is called The Spine Group in Carmel.

I was visiting my brother earlier this month, earlier this year he had two titanium rods put into his back, due to cancer eating one of his disks. It did wonders for him, so has the cancer treatment honestly. We were talking and back in February he wasn't walking. By May he was walking and took me on a tour of the USS Nimitz. That was a ton of walking. That tour showed me just how out of shape I am in.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Welp. There goes my hk sp5 money.

fbab8f3add01910f4d5c6a2c97f4c63f.jpg

They have all moved into an old roof vent from a previous flat roof so sawzall time…
    I know a bug bomb trick that would work wonders.. give me a call and I'll be glad to tell you. A call to a exterminator might work also..

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Gasoline and a match?
    That WOULD work but no. Find some bug bomb with a nozzle, a handful of long drinking straws, superglue, and some drywall mud. Superglue a long straw on the nozzle of bug bomb. Drill 3-4 1/4" holes in the ceiling below where the bees are. Insert straw into hole. Setoff the bomb. Repeat in other 2-3 holes. Quickly mud the 1/4" holes shut. Take family and pets to a B&B for the night.

Or just call a exterminator..:dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good to hear the success stories related to back treatments/surgeries. New appt is set with the new spine group, and another PT eval set and some other stuff in the works. In the meantime will just have to bear through it until I get some additional treatment plan in the works.

Thanks guys

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Are the bees aggressive? If they are honey bees it is possible for a beekeeper to rehome them.
    I discussed this with two beekeepers - both recommended eradication, at this point, since they have now taken home in between the old roof joists and wherever else they are.

This is the group that I am working with so we did effort to preserve them.

Extraction/eradication starts tomorrow...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Top Bottom