The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Welp. There goes my hk sp5 money.

fbab8f3add01910f4d5c6a2c97f4c63f.jpg

They have all moved into an old roof vent from a previous flat roof so sawzall time…
    Oh my !

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Called and made an appointment in June to get some second opinions on my back issues from another spine practice. Not looking forward to an answer that may be surgery but I also can't continue on this path of pain and not being able to conduct daily life.

Bilateral nerve shot was done on 7th of May (had one on the right side previously back in Feb and before that last year as well) and while it helped the left side, the right side leg pain still makes it pretty much unbearable to walk much (leaning on a cart at a store helps make it possible to grocery shop on a good day) or stand for any period of time. Similar to what it was in March after my Feb shot.

Called the "shot" doctor back a couple of days ago and got a voicemail back from them today at 4pm offering to do another shot on right side. I'll call them back tomorrow to see when I can get in and I may take them up on it to see if it helps as a stop gap, but not holding out much hope that doing more of what didn't work will work this time. Seems even though this current Dr is part of a spine practice (different than the one I'm going to in June), he has one trick. I had hopes when I got referred into this practice that there would be a more holistic approach. I've been the one to push to get MRI's myself and haven't gotten much of what I'd consider an assessment out of this place.

I've done some PT last few years as well. Called them back as well and have a PT eval in early June as well.

My mom let herself get immobile and during that or due to that anxiety, etc set in and took her down. I'm not going to let that happen if I can help it.

Just needed to vent a bit, but I'm ready (I think) to press on...

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Called and made an appointment in June to get some second opinions on my back issues from another spine practice. Not looking forward to an answer that may be surgery but I also can't continue on this path of pain and not being able to conduct daily life.

Bilateral nerve shot was done on 7th of May (had one on the right side previously back in Feb and before that last year as well) and while it helped the left side, the right side leg pain still makes it pretty much unbearable to walk much (leaning on a cart at a store helps make it possible to grocery shop on a good day) or stand for any period of time. Similar to what it was in March after my Feb shot.

Called the "shot" doctor back a couple of days ago and got a voicemail back from them today at 4pm offering to do another shot on right side. I'll call them back tomorrow to see when I can get in and I may take them up on it to see if it helps as a stop gap, but not holding out much hope that doing more of what didn't work will work this time. Seems even though this current Dr is part of a spine practice (different than the one I'm going to in June), he has one trick. I had hopes when I got referred into this practice that there would be a more holistic approach. I've been the one to push to get MRI's myself and haven't gotten much of what I'd consider an assessment out of this place.

I've done some PT last few years as well. Called them back as well and have a PT eval in early June as well.

My mom let herself get immobile and during that or due to that anxiety, etc set in and took her down. I'm not going to let that happen if I can help it.

Have you looked into QC Kinetix? I don’t know if you’d be a candidate and all I know about them is from their radio ads but they advertise “regenerative medicine” and no surgery.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have you looked into QC Kinetix? I don’t know if you’d be a candidate and all I know about them is from their radio ads but they advertise “regenerative medicine” and no surgery.
    I'm beginning to think that the larger part of my problem is stenosis of the spine vs the disc issues. Going to get the new practice to really go through my MRIs with me along with my symptoms and see what they say. I don't think stenosis can be PT'd or adjusted, etc to mitigate it, but we'll see.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Don’t give up!
    It’s a shame when we get stuck with a one trick pony when we’re supposed to be with a professional that should pursue a solution better, remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm beginning to think that the larger part of my problem is stenosis of the spine vs the disc issues. Going to get the new practice to really go through my MRIs with me along with my symptoms and see what they say. I don't think stenosis can be PT'd or adjusted, etc to mitigate it, but we'll see.
    There’s a guy on wibc Saturday and Sunday mornings who sounds very holistic; don’t treat the symptoms, find the source kind of thing. He always sounds very appealing to me, but he is first and foremost a chiropractor and I’ve never known anyone that went to a chiropractor that didn’t have to keep going. Not that they’re bad, it just sounds addictive.
    But if I had to go I’d definitely check this guy out. https://dr-wilson.com/

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There’s a guy on wibc Saturday and Sunday mornings who sounds very holistic; don’t treat the symptoms, find the source kind of thing. He always sounds very appealing to me, but he is first and foremost a chiropractor and I’ve never known anyone that went to a chiropractor that didn’t have to keep going. Not that they’re bad, it just sounds addictive.
    But if I had to go I’d definitely check this guy out. https://dr-wilson.com/
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy

I can't directly relate but one of my life long friend's dad has dead disks in his spine and has seen some of the top doctors in the country for back pain and problems, only so much can be done for him but he still manages to walk. Familiar with the "shot" because of him and he also has to have his nerve endings burned off in his back. I'm actually supposed to take him shooting for his birthday soon, so I'm happy he can still enjoy stuff he likes. Push on and don't over do yourself. :boxing:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Called the "shot" doctor back a couple of days ago and got a voicemail back from them today at 4pm offering to do another shot on right side. I'll call them back tomorrow to see when I can get in and I may take them up on it to see if it helps as a stop gap, but not holding out much how that doing more of what didn't work will work this time. Seems even though this current Dr is part of a spine practice (different than the one I'm going to in June), he has one trick. I had hopes when I got referred into this practice that there would be a more holistic approach.

18 months out from my wife's third back surgery, she runs at about 80-90%%. Which is HUGE improvement for the 10% she ran at for long long time.

She took her 12 month R&R time very seriously and I believe that made a big difference.

So many things she can do now like take a plane ride to Florida to see the grandson, she is back to walking a couple miles without major pain, etc.

Top Bottom