The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Most people I'm around have no problem with heat, and humidity.
    Most people I'm around also have problems when it's 60 degrees or less thinking it's cool, or cold.
    I'm a person who can handle cold better than I can hot days.
    Most people prefer 80 degrees or more. I prefer 60-65. I think that is the perfect temperature.
    My children, my parents, siblings, and friends all like it much warmer than I do.
    Anything 60% and higher is considered high humidity.
    I don't adapt I just deal with it. I imagine most have that thought about cold weather.

I'm adapted for about anything. Spent most of my life here growing up, but went to South Carolina for a couple weeks every summer to visit family, then did my OSUT for the Army in GA Aug - Oct. Then I spent 13 years in MN getting acclimated to much colder weather. My favorite is anywhere from 60 - 80 degree weather with breezes and light humidity, but I can function in pretty much any temp. Just doesn't mean I like it... ;)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Morning all... :coffee:

I'm adapted for about anything. Spent most of my life here growing up, but went to South Carolina for a couple weeks every summer to visit family, then did my OSUT for the Army in GA Aug - Oct. Then I spent 13 years in MN getting acclimated to much colder weather. My favorite is anywhere from 60 - 80 degree weather with breezes and light humidity, but I can function in pretty much any temp. Just doesn't mean I like it... ;)
    When one works outside all day the breeze is a godsend.
    Some of the worst days are those 95+ degree days with no breeze.
    My middle boy was at Fort Polk for awhile. I told him have fun lol. Summers down there are rough.
    I remember him telling me how they had several people drop do to heat exhaustion because they weren't staying hydrated.
    They used to ride us about staying hydrated. Has that changed?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Most people I'm around have no problem with heat, and humidity.
    Most people I'm around also have problems when it's 60 degrees or less thinking it's cool, or cold.
    I'm a person who can handle cold better than I can hot days.
    Most people prefer 80 degrees or more. I prefer 60-65. I think that is the perfect temperature.
    My children, my parents, siblings, and friends all like it much warmer than I do.
    Anything 60% and higher is considered high humidity.
    I don't adapt I just deal with it. I imagine most have that thought about cold weather.
    I’m with ya on the temp!
    Have you spent any time in an arid climate?
    Skiing out west, 20 sunny with no wind feels very warm, where as here it’s pretty cold, all due to the humidity differences.
    Desert, 90 in the sun, as long as you protect yourself from the sun is tolerable. 90 here is miserable to me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When one works outside all day the breeze is a godsend.
    Some of the worst days are those 95+ degree days with no breeze.
    My middle boy was at Fort Polk for awhile. I told him have fun lol. Summers down there are rough.
    I remember him telling me how they had several people drop do to heat exhaustion because they weren't staying hydrated.
    They used to ride us about staying hydrated. Has that changed?

Can't say, my boot was in 85 :):

At that time they certainly rode us hard and had us drinking full canteens every hour. We still had people fall out from the heat and one person died.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m with ya on the temp!
    Have you spent any time in an arid climate?
    Skiing out west, 20 sunny with no wind feels very warm, where as here it’s pretty cold, all due to the humidity differences.
    Desert, 90 in the sun, as long as you protect yourself from the sun is tolerable. 90 here is miserable to me.
    Yes I have. Dry heat even at 90 degrees is still decent working weather out west.
    I've be at Fort Huachuca, and Phoenix, and other places the heat IMO is much more tolerable there.
    I've hunted in the Colorado mountains, and you are correct it's much different.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mexico was the worst climate for me, in the summer you feel the heat hard as soon as you step out of the shade. I've heard the opinions about "dry heat" and there's something to that as long as you are out of the sun. Tools left in the sun for 10 minutes became untouchable without gloves and you had to put pressure tanks in drums filled with ice and salt to spray paint.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    95b730c0a8cf1da2ea4202648b7d1b83.jpg

Factory Optic Cuts!
    I saw a DWX compact the other day with factory optic cut, they're already out there.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Travis will be missed here. I'm assuming he won't be checking this if he's serious about it and I will be sending him encouragement via other channels as the mood strikes me.. had to end my FB and UTUBE apps to get my time back. I feel his pain. If he's as dedicated to his return to health and family life as he has been to the new machining tasks he's undertaken, he'll be up to snuff sooner rather than later. Go get it Dr. Spicyweiner. :banana:
    I think it's a spurious connection to equate ingo with bad health?

Top Bottom