The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    They have a whole section of the Corvette museum dedicated to the 2014 sinkhole cave in. The sinkhole opened up to 30’x40’ hole inside the museum that swallowed 8 corvettes. They had several exhibits 3D mapping the sinkhole and how the cars landed. They pulled the cars and filled in the sinkhole with concrete. They left a window in the floor and a locked tunnel through the concrete so people can see the bottom of the sinkhole. The whole ordeal is mind blowing.

Attachments

• 1716770396447.jpeg
      1716770396447.jpeg
      479.5 KB · Views: 18
    • 1716770432496.jpeg
      1716770432496.jpeg
      625.8 KB · Views: 18
    • 1716770466704.jpeg
      1716770466704.jpeg
      446.3 KB · Views: 18

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy Memorial Day folks!

We will be toasting the memory of two uncles that gave all today. I've told their stories here in the past, so forgive me for repeating them. One of them was my grandmother's brother. He was christened Joseph Smith but everybody called him Bill. Nobody can remember why. He was a nice guy that loved to play the guitar. He served with the 47th Infantry and was severely wounded during the battles around Hurtgen Forest in November 1944. He rejoined his unit in January 1945 and continued fighting. In April 1945, he was killed in the battles around the Remagen Bridge over the Rhine.

The other family member is more distant and records are vague concerning his family connection. Anthony 'Tony' Piscitelli was from Brooklyn, NY. I'm told that the Piscitelli family in Brooklyn hailed from the town of Isernia in Italy. Isernia is where my family comes from as well, so we assume that Tony was a nephew of my grandfather. There were 15 children in my grandfather's family and we've had trouble tracking the family tree accurately. Tony was a fighter pilot with the 55th fighter group, flying P-38s with the 343rd fighter squadron. His aircraft was a P-38J coded CY-B. He flew with the 343rd from January 1944 until he was killed in April 1944. He was shot down by anti-airfraft fire while strafing the airfield of Columeres in France. Other members of his flight reported that after he was hit, he kept strafing at extremely low altitude until his aircraft crashed and burned just off of the airfield.

Both are remembered today. I encourage everyone to dig into their past to make sure that family members that gave all are not forgotten. Time passes but the sacrifice they made should not fade into history. It's as relevant today as it was when they made it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom