The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm sorry to hear that MM. Losing a loved dog is tough. It sounds like she had a good life though.
    Condolences to MM on the loss of a good pup.

Thanks, guys. And thanks to all of you who acknowledged my post with a sad emoticon. Sincerely, I appreciate it.
    I called Annette a friend, because that's how I felt about her. She lived on 5 acres of fenced woods that ajoined my woods, and was part of my life for the last decade.

Annette was the queen of the ice-aged hills .... a free spirit.
    IMG_0214-L.jpg

IMG_0217-L.jpg

I won't speak of this again, but I wanted you'all (my human friends) to understand my sadness.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Last day for Natchez Shooters supply free hazmat. CCI SRP on sale at $69.99. I'm still broke for a while.
    I might have to give them a look see! I'm still shooting 6.99 primers and probably have more than I'll ever use. That helps make up for the other stupid crap that I hoard up that gets obsolete and eventually trashed.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thanks, guys. And thanks to all of you who acknowledged my post with a sad emoticon. Sincerely, I appreciate it.
    I called Annette a friend, because that's how I felt about her. She lived on 5 acres of fenced woods that ajoined my woods, and was part of my life for the last decade.

IMG_0214-L.jpg

IMG_0217-L.jpg

I won't speak of this again, but I wanted you'all (my human friends) to understand my sadness.
    She was a beautiful dog, and looks like she led a great life. And had at least one good friend along the way.

That's about the best we can do, now isn't it?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

IMG_0214-L.jpg

IMG_0217-L.jpg

Sorry for your lose. They become our family or in this case adopted family.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County

IMG_0214-L.jpg

IMG_0217-L.jpg

Sorry for you loss man, they really become man's best friend. You're making me want to hug my German Shepherd extra tight tonight.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anybody ever started experiencing a lot of eye floaters in one of your eyes? Started up on me today in the right eye (dominant).

Heading to optometrist later this afternoon to make sure no retina problems but from some reading just sounds like it can happen and not a lot to do for it if no retina issues (hopefully none).

Not what I wanted to deal with today (or ever).

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Anybody ever started experiencing a lot of eye floaters in one of your eyes? Started up on me today in the right eye (dominant).

Heading to optometrist later this afternoon to make sure no retina problems but from some reading just sounds like it can happen and not a lot to do for it if no retina issues (hopefully none).

Are you having any issues with 'bright flashes' occuring in that eye ..... especially when out in the sun ?
    I did, and not only did I have floaters, but had a detached retina. As most do, it healed itself.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are you having any issues with 'bright flashes' occuring in that eye ..... especially when out in the sun ?
    I did, and not only did I have floaters, but had a detached retina. As most do, it healed itself.
    Not sure on the sun side of things as I've been in the basement most of the day.

Heading to optometrist now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm back home from the woods. Other than getting the supplies (treated wood, caulking, paint) down there, no work was accomplished.
    I was hoping my friend next door would come help, but he remained busy with another project.

Ah well, overall it was nice down there. Autumn has started ! I'll probably have a few pics to show.

One sad announcement, as we have a lot of dog lovers here (me included). I said my final goodbye to my old German Shepherd friend, Annette.
    I've known her since we bought the cabin property 11 years ago. Her back hips have given out, and she's going to make that sad trip to the vet.
    I'll always remember her strength, beauty, and friendship.

3H4A2117%20copy-L.jpg
    Yep it's a sad affair. It's hard to replace an old friend like that they just know you so well.
    I recently went through a cancer growth on my dogs muzzle. She only made it 8 years almost 9. But we had a great relationship she understood me and I her. She was my hunting buddy, my coyote fighter when they messed with the property, raccoon killer, and strangers were stopped in their tracks until I gave the okay. She was my ears, and let me know when someone was around. She was well trained. I really miss her yet.

I spent a lot of time training her from 4 weeks old. Hand feed her then and hand feed her at the end.

That said I feel your loss.

20161130_160019.jpg

20210707_155954.jpg

20230731_210323.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Yep....I have floaters in both eyes (started on my left which is also the side I hear the worst on).

Not much they can do for them (assuming not sign of another issue). They can be very annoying especially when trying to focus on something. Add in a high power scope and its downright aggravating.

Sometimes I have to pause while reading documents.....

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep....I have floaters in both eyes (started on my left which is also the side I hear the worst on).

Not much they can do for them (assuming not sign of another issue). They can be very annoying especially when trying to focus on something. Add in a high power scope and its downright aggravating.

Sometimes I have to pause while reading documents.....
    Optometrist said no retinal tear or detachment showing at this time. Wants to take another look on Tuesday.

Said vitreous detachment and could clearly see the floaters in the eye imaging. Assuming he doesn't see any different on Tuesday there's not a lot to do. I guess there is a procedure that can be done if it really continues to bother down the road but it's fairly risky and he said he has seen very few people do it.

It's in my dominant eye so fun, but at least I started shooting with optics and both eyes open so I guess that helps some.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Optometrist said no retinal tear or detachment showing at this time. Wants to take another look on Tuesday.

Said vitreous detachment and could clearly see the floaters in the eye imaging. Assuming he doesn't see any different on Tuesday there's not a lot to do. I guess there is a procedure that can be done if it really continues to bother down the road but it's fairly risky and he said he has seen very few people do it.

It's in my dominant eye so fun, but at least I started shooting with optics and both eyes open so I guess that helps some.
    My dad had floaters. They came and went. Good on you to look at the bright side (no pun intended!!) as far as the optics and both eyes open goes.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

I had a vitreous detachment occur about a year ago. Have had floaters in my right eye since. Fortunately they are in the periphery so no major effects on my vision.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a vitreous detachment occur about a year ago. Have had floaters in my right eye since. Fortunately they are in the periphery so no major effects on my vision.
    Did it stay the same from when it happened or did it lessen any?

I feel like if it was not my dominant eye it would be less impact, but hoping it settles down a bit.

My brother in law had it happen couple of months ago and said it settled down a bit for him.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

I had floaters develop several years ago. They were especially noticeable and annoying on bright sunny days while I would be driving. My optometrist said basically the same thing yours did. For some reason it was the worst that summer that they developed but they have cleared up or lessened a lot on its own. It’s also possible that some of the floaters may still be there but I’m just so used to them I don’t notice them any more. Either way I rarely see them any more.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had floaters develop a several years ago. They were especially noticeable and annoying on bright sunny days while I would be driving. My optometrist said basically the same thing yours did. For some reason it was the worst that summer that they developed but they have cleared up or lessened a lot on its own. It’s also possible that some of the floaters may still be there but I’m just so used to them I don’t notice them any more. Either way I rarely see them any more.
    Sorry to hear you have this as well. Sounds like you had it happen well before the more common ages where it happens.

Glad to hear it has lessened up.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Did it stay the same from when it happened or did it lessen any?

I feel like if it was not my dominant eye it would be less impact, but hoping it settles down a bit.

My brother in law had it happen couple of months ago and said it settled down a bit for him.
    I had floaters develop several years ago. They were especially noticeable and annoying on bright sunny days while I would be driving. My optometrist said basically the same thing yours did. For some reason it was the worst that summer that they developed but they have cleared up or lessened a lot on its own. It’s also possible that some of the floaters may still be there but I’m just so used to them I don’t notice them any more. Either way I rarely see them any more.
    This ^^^
    The brain kind of filters them after a while so they are not as noticeable but they are still there. Mine wax and wane depending on background and whether my eyes are focused straight ahead or moving side-to-side.

Top Bottom